Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thankful Thursday/Farewell to sweet Kim

updated to say farewell to my dear friend at 3 Peanuts. I am so sorry she has had to close her blog due to harassment. She has been an inspiration to many of us here in blogland and I will miss her blog so much and I am so hopeful that she will find a way to come back somehow privately to share with those of us who love her. Her children are darling and she is a Treasure as well. She has shared so many things that have been helpful to me. She has encouraged me at times and left me beautiful uplifting comments...
Lynn, at Somewhere in the Sun had the wonderful idea of giving a sweet tribute to her. If you have ever been blessed by Kim, feel free to take the image and post your goodbye which I pray will be a short one...
ok... this week has been super no fun... No time for blogging, no time for scrapbooking, no time for photos... Today things seem more normal. Eldest Treasure has his big 16 milestone this weekend. We have been car shopping, insurance quoting, just lots of overwhelming, no fun decisions... I have mentioned before on memes that I have done, that I dislike having extra things to do and am very routine....It has taken so much out of my days this week to make a final decision on a car and insurance. Daddy to 4 is so busy with the business we have, that most anything of the financial nature falls into my lap. Now that its completed, I feel SO much better. I have also been throwing in a responsibility lecture to Ryan every day as well, the... you have to be careful, you have to be alert, you need to always ask God for guidance, protection, and so on...blah blah blah... I get the "I know, I know...I am a great driver" response...
I am sure I will be making this speech daily for a while:) I find points to add everyday.

I had time to go out with the girls this morning and snap a few pics. They had a wonderful morning playing together. They love playing with their barb*ies in the water. Caitlyn has not grasped the concept of naming them yet. They are her "guls." She does change her voice and make them say things like "oh this is so pun!" "I lub to slide!"

Today I want to do a thankful Thursday something I haven't done in a while...
I am thankful for my 16 yr old blessing...He is indeed a Treasure.
I am thankful that we made a wonderful deal on a car for him and that the Lord gave me wisdom in finding a wonderful insurance policy as well. Saving me several $100.'s in fact. He is so good to me, I am thankful for His guidance and help in every day issues.

If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.James 1:5 KJV

In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be put into confusion.Psalm 71:1 KJV

For the Lord gives wisdom, and from his mouth come knowledge and understanding.Proverbs 2:6 NIV

These are just random photos. No time to really make them extra pretty or do a scrap page as I said... They are mostly this morning... but I threw in a few I snapped the 4th of my birthday fellow, I rarely catch Ryan in photos because he is usually not around when I have the camera out and he is going through the, I don't want my pic taken, teen stage.

here is the screened in area I spoke of from outdoor view


IMG_8381

IMG_8379
still haven't completed decorating but love the space... The firepit in the center is gas and we can roast marshmellows and have fun on cool Fall and Spring nights. I have got to go buy plants for the room divider no time so far.
IMG_8378

This morning

IMG_8390

IMG_8385

this one she is really laughing so hard as she and Chloe splash... so, to one it might not look special but for me I hear the giggles when I see it.
IMG_8394

IMG_8404

IMG_8456

IMG_8409


IMG_8459

IMG_8454

IMG_8440

IMG_8448

IMG_8450

IMG_8320

IMG_8332


IMG_8310


IMG_8309

IMG_8423

IMG_8307

43 Comments:

  • Oh yes, Connie. I thank God everyday for His wisdom...all we have to do is ask!
    James 3:17 "But the wisdom that comes from heaven is first of all pure; then peace-loving, considerate, submissive, full of mercy and good fruit, impartial and sincere."
    Praise Him for His wisdom!!!!
    I know you are so proud of husband and the amazing job he did on the porch. Porch seems like too common a word to call that work of art! It is beautiful!
    And your kiddos of course are adorable! Love the pics of the sissys together!

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at July 10, 2008 at 5:23 PM  

  • Oh to be 16 again~ oh course I am so thankful that those years are behind me. Does it all rush back to you watching one of your own hit this milestone birthday?

    Your back porch is wonderful~ Hydrangeas are my favorite!!! Hard to grow in South FL but I pick them up when ever I see them!

    You are a blessing to my life and I am thankful that our paths crossed!

    Krista

    PS thank you for the tip on making a collage

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 10, 2008 at 6:11 PM  

  • I love the picture of the girls in the tubes with Barbies! SO cute!!

    By Blogger Ashton, at July 10, 2008 at 6:45 PM  

  • Hi friend! I have missed seeing the treasures as summer has just bee too busy for me:) Happy birthday to Ryan. The girls look adorable with the barbies by the pool. Hugs,
    Kim

    By Blogger 3 Peanuts, at July 10, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

  • Awesome photos of Ryan in action and of your precious girls. Your new screened in porch looks great. Your hubby did an amazing job!! You have such wonderful summer space - a beautiful pool, landscaping, deck, porch, etc. Enjoy!

    By Blogger Michelle R Photography, at July 10, 2008 at 7:55 PM  

  • Your porch and back is a dream space! Vacation everyday out there!
    LOVE all the pics! The diving ones are a hoot!

    Sonya

    By Blogger Sonya, at July 10, 2008 at 8:25 PM  

  • I love your screened in porch connie, gorgeous!!
    The pool pics are terrific,your treasures are so adorable!

    By Blogger kerri, at July 10, 2008 at 8:48 PM  

  • Love the porch....what fun times you will have....I do not look forward to the day I have to let Emmie get behind the wheel....I feel your pain....love Ryan's diving pics...way to catch the shot Mom....the girls are cute as always....have a great weekend....I have been on a mission that I will share with you soon! ;)

    By Blogger Steffie B., at July 10, 2008 at 8:59 PM  

  • I tell you the more I see that pool, the more inviting it looks... take care

    By Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures, at July 10, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

  • Happy Birthday to Ryan! 16 is a big milestone. I will pray that God is with him as he begins driving. I am sure it is a scary time for a parent.

    Your porch is beautiful. You will have great family time in that room.

    I love the pictures of Ryan in action!!! Also, the girls playing with their barbies. I had to laugh when you said Caitlyn calls them "guls". That is how Paige pronounces girls, too : )

    By Blogger missy, at July 10, 2008 at 9:12 PM  

  • Well your pics are wonderful as usual! :) Love the new screen room! Looks so inviting....like I'd wish I could curl up on the lounge and read a really good book.

    By Blogger Meredith, at July 10, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

  • The screened porch looks beautiful. I love seeing your older son. I know that teen stage very well : ) Your pool is so beautiful!!! We are putting a pool in next spring. Our village has so many rules and regulations we are hopeful they won't stop us ; 0
    The pictures are beautiful as always!

    By Blogger Chasing Dreams Photography, at July 10, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

  • Oh I love these. You know you don't have to always scrap for us...we just love seeing your sweet kiddos : )

    By Blogger LaLa, at July 10, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

  • the porch is just beautiful!! I love it!! I keep telling my kids they can begin driving when they are 30;) Love the diving pictures!!

    By Blogger Michelle, at July 10, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

  • Ok...now I see what all you have been up to! I love the screened in porch...so beautiful...and relaxing there! I'd have school out there each day!
    Oh, the pool pics are gorgeous too! Happy B-day to your sweet boy! WOW...16!
    He's so handsome!
    Have a wonderful weekend celebrating sweet 16!
    Love,
    Denise

    By Blogger Denise C, at July 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM  

  • The pictures are great, Connie! They are beautiful even without the scrapbook pages.

    The screened in porch is WONDERFUL! Looks like it will be a fun place to hang out!!

    I can't get over what a little fish Caitlyn is at such a young age...look at her swimming on her back!

    I hear you about the driving and about the insurance. ugh! and ugh!

    Hope things quiet down a bit for you now, my friend! : ) As for the worry that comes with our kids driving....I am not thinking that will ever come to an end. Chels has had her license for a year and I still stress over it!

    By Blogger day by day, at July 11, 2008 at 12:36 AM  

  • Great photos!! Makes me want to swim and RELAX!!
    the room looks great!
    love,
    Keisha

    By Blogger Keisha, at July 11, 2008 at 7:41 AM  

  • love your THANKFULNESS posts ... it puts everyday in perspective ... also, i just adore your house pic/ and the pool ... what a treasure and a blessing your home is ...

    your kids look like they enjoy their pool as much as we do ... have a great Friday !!!

    By Blogger Gwen Oatsvall , at July 11, 2008 at 8:49 AM  

  • I love your screened porch and OOO the way you decorated it!!!! Awesome! The pictures are great!!! They are going to make for some great layout!!!!! I finished 16 layouts this week for my boys.

    Good luck with the 16 yr old driving and all!!!! Wow I can not begin to imagine what it will be like when my kids are 16! It is scary to think about them driving. LOL Good luck!!!!

    By Blogger Tam, at July 11, 2008 at 9:35 AM  

  • Connie im right there with you, that is my prayer, wisdom,wisdom,and more wisdom : )

    your home reflects peace and beauty and contentment, i love your space and you guys will have so much fun filling it.

    Thank you for a thankful thursday...i got busy and passed Him by yesterday, your posting helped to get me back on track
    xxx
    s

    By Blogger Shawnstribe, at July 11, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

  • I just love your family! What treasures you are! Will lift up your DRIVING BABY in prayer... I know that has to be hard but you are handling it wonderfully. I love that room! What a wonderful gift from Dad! ENJOY the big Birthday weekend!
    Love,
    Daleea

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at July 11, 2008 at 10:31 AM  

  • LOVE THE SUN ROOM. THAT IS JUST A REALLY COOL SPACE-- I LOVE IT!!! IM SURE YOU WILL GET A TON OF USE OUT OF THAT SPACE. THE PICS OF THE KIDS ARE AMAZING AS ALWAYS AND THE ONE OF YOUR OLDEST TREASURE FLYING WAS PRETTY COOL AS WELL!!!

    HAVE A GOOD WEEKEND!!

    CHRISTIY :)

    By Blogger Christy, at July 11, 2008 at 11:51 AM  

  • What wonderful images - I love the ones of Ryan going into the pool! You are fabulous! I am sending you hugs on those daily lectures - it seems like I have been giving some of those myself this week!

    Ladybug hugs,
    ;D

    By Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess, at July 11, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

  • your pics are always so beautiful.

    And I so love all your thankful posts.. It love and it blesses me so much to read of others blessings!

    And a 16yo.. ahhhh. please take notes for those of us who are not that far behind you with the teenagers.. we need to learn from those who go before us.. teach us oh wise one!

    :)
    Amie

    By Blogger Amie, at July 11, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

  • Congrats on your son getting his license. I know its scary having them out on the road, but whats a mother to do, its inevitable. I still get nervous when my older daughter drives up to see us and she's nearly 20.
    Love the pool pics, makes me want to dive in too!

    By Blogger Paula, at July 11, 2008 at 2:54 PM  

  • 16. WoW. I am going to love you going through this stage of life first (pave the way for me, please!!)

    I LOVE your screened area; it is gorgeous!! You have quite the haven there.

    My fave pics (though they are all precious) is of Chloe & Barbie. Funny Stuff :=)

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at July 11, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

  • aaaahhhh the life....to be a kid again......looks like they are sure loving summer! Have a great weekend Connie!

    Happy Birthday to Ryan too!

    By Blogger Deb, at July 11, 2008 at 9:32 PM  

  • What a wonderful post Connie. I love the porch...since we have nowhere to go IF our house sells, maybe we'll come live with you! LOL

    When I see Caitlyn and Chloe together I am thankful Caitlyn has such a beautiful soul to look up to for the rest of her life. Such a blessing.

    When I see Ryan or Jacob and Caitlyn, it is just like seeing James and my two girls. Older siblings are such a blessing in so many ways.

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at July 12, 2008 at 7:29 AM  

  • Connie,

    I love all the pictures and can't get over how Caitlyn can swim on her own like that..wow. Emma is in swimming lessons but still needs someone to hold onto as she is scared unless she trusts who has her. I think the swimming lessons are so great for her as I can see how much more relaxed she is becoming. I LOVE your porch...and your whole pool area looks amazing from what I can see in the pix. Would love to see a shot of the whole pool area...looks amazing. I hear you about worrying about driving etc. Our son is 13 and already can't wait to get his license. Ryan sounds like an amazing boy....have a wonderful weekend!

    By Blogger my3 kids, at July 12, 2008 at 10:06 AM  

  • who needs scapping when you have photos like THAT??!!

    Great post - hope next week is easier in all ways : ))

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 12, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

  • I will also really, really miss Kim and her blog...her entire family is incredibly special.

    I am glad you had such success with this week (even though it was a painful process).
    All of your treasures are beautiful, and I love all the pics of them in the pool.
    Your home is just GORGEOUS! What a wonderful refuge for your family.

    By Blogger Nikki, at July 12, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

  • Hi Connie!

    Your photographs are amazing! You catch things that tell such a beautiful story.

    Great job to your husband on the screened area! It is beautiful!

    The girls look precious playing barbies together.

    I am not sure what I will do when it is time to watch Lexi take off driving. YIKES! I have three years until it is time to even worry about that. SO I will be watching and learning from you!

    BIG HUGS sweet friend!
    Jill

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 12, 2008 at 7:49 PM  

  • Hi Connie!

    The innertube ones completely crack me up - those are some serious treasures you have going on!

    Happy Birthday to your sweet teenager - he is so handsome!

    LOVE the porch enclosure, gorgeous!! I'd lovce to come and sit a spell:)

    I, too will miss our Kim, fortunately for us, our girls are Jiangxi sisters who came home to us at the same time - Kim and I were there for each other as our husbands crossed the ocean to bring our babies home. Not even mean blogger person can take that away from us, so I am sure we will be with sweet Kim again as soon as she is settled in her private blogging space.

    Love to you,my friend
    Heather

    By Blogger Heather, at July 12, 2008 at 9:02 PM  

  • Love all your photo's especially of the girls and their Barbie's. Happy Birthday to your son.

    What a great porch your husband made! I can see why you spend a lot of time in there.

    By Blogger Kim, at July 12, 2008 at 9:28 PM  

  • Oh my gosh... loving your home pics and that pool! Whenever you're ready, there are three princesses from China and their mom and dad ready to be adopted. The only catch is that they have to be adopted as a family :)

    By Blogger Her Royal Highness, at July 13, 2008 at 12:08 AM  

  • Everytime, you win hands down. Best pictures ever. I love them and what adorable kids :]

    By Blogger Gracie, at July 13, 2008 at 9:05 AM  

  • You are the SWEETEST! I am crying over here. I WILL be back because I will not let them win..but for now I will only be commenting to my sweet lovely friends like you!

    By Blogger 3 Peanuts, at July 13, 2008 at 10:02 PM  

  • Your pictures always put a smile on my face.

    By Blogger Marla, at July 13, 2008 at 10:12 PM  

  • Your farewell to Kim is going to make me cry..........

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at July 13, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

  • The picture of Caitlyn and the barbie looking into the pool is so cute. It was nice seeing ryan in some pictures. I know how hard it is to get pictures of older kids. Your porch is beautiful. It looks like such a great place to relax!
    Sorry to hear about your friend having to close her blog.
    All your pictures are wonderful AGAIN!
    Enjoy the week.

    By Blogger Our Two Blessings From Above, at July 16, 2008 at 11:37 AM  

  • Love the pics. So that is what happened to 3 peanuts. I was so sad I thought I missed something. I will post a farewell on my blog too let her know and if there is anyway to allow some to follow her ask her to let me know. Thanks,

    By Blogger RamblingMother, at July 16, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

  • Your husband did an amazing job finishing off the space under your deck!I love all the photos of your kiddos. They are all precious! I love the one with Caitlyn and her daddy in the pool. That is priceless.

    By Blogger Lisa, at July 16, 2008 at 3:34 PM  

  • So sorry to hear of Kim's dilemna.
    Perhaps she will open a private blog. I will pray for her but in the meantime, she must be enjoying the freedom from the idiots....

    By Blogger Linda ★ Parker's General, at July 17, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older