Friday happenings
This morning I snapped a couple of the Treasures hard at work on their addition and subtraction.
They are a tad dark, it was very stormy and rainy this morning, but I liked them anyway.



We then had a snack of popcorn and skittles

Many times I think people think I am exaggerating when I say my monkey treasure can climb the fridge. This shows how determined she is. I had put the skittles on top and she was quite determined her bowl needed more. Because putting things high won't work, I am constantly hiding things and then I can't even remember where I hid them!



Sometimes I think she is just so cute I can't stop snapping pics. Seems kind of silly and snack doesn't really seem blog worthy but I love to look at her ;)



sister love


My tummy is really full of skittles and popcorn now...


Have a great weekend everyone. I am not sure what our plan is yet. It might be to chilly to do another park this week. We will see...
Oh I wanted to share some books that the kids LOVE: Read aloud bible stories
There are 4 volumes and you can get them separately as well. I am just putting the link to all 4 so you can see them, or you can check them out at the library most likely. Our local library has them.
Sometimes I feel bible stories go way over childrens heads, but the way they are laid out in these books is wonderful. My kids are learning valuable lessons from every story and enjoying them.
They are a tad dark, it was very stormy and rainy this morning, but I liked them anyway.



We then had a snack of popcorn and skittles

Many times I think people think I am exaggerating when I say my monkey treasure can climb the fridge. This shows how determined she is. I had put the skittles on top and she was quite determined her bowl needed more. Because putting things high won't work, I am constantly hiding things and then I can't even remember where I hid them!



Sometimes I think she is just so cute I can't stop snapping pics. Seems kind of silly and snack doesn't really seem blog worthy but I love to look at her ;)



sister love


My tummy is really full of skittles and popcorn now...


Have a great weekend everyone. I am not sure what our plan is yet. It might be to chilly to do another park this week. We will see...
Oh I wanted to share some books that the kids LOVE: Read aloud bible stories
There are 4 volumes and you can get them separately as well. I am just putting the link to all 4 so you can see them, or you can check them out at the library most likely. Our local library has them.
Sometimes I feel bible stories go way over childrens heads, but the way they are laid out in these books is wonderful. My kids are learning valuable lessons from every story and enjoying them.


37 Comments:
Beautiful pictures! I guess school is funnier when you have such a nice break! Skittles and popcorns :)
Love the "What colour is your tongue?" pictures:)
By
Melanie, at February 22, 2008 at 6:39 PM
You love taking the pics and we love looking at them! You do have a little monkey, I cannot believe that Fridge climbing, too funny!
Love the belly shots too.
By
Paula, at February 22, 2008 at 6:55 PM
Snack time is absolutely blogworthy:) We have a monkey too!! She gets everything no matter WHERE it is!! And no matter how we try to accomplish the out of reach--she finds a way!!!
By
Michelle, at February 22, 2008 at 6:59 PM
Oh what sweet pictures! I just love seeing the precious moments that you capture with your darling little treasures!
Thanks for sharing!
By
Denise C, at February 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM
Oh what a sweet little monkey treasure! The fridge climbing pictures are classic. I am making sure Linzi is no where around to get any ideas, that is one she hasn't tried yet. :) She does climb the counters if she can get up there before I stop her.
I love that you always remember to stop and enjoy the small moments with your treasures. They really are the ones that matter the most and anything that makes your cuties smile is definitely blogworthy!
Sheryl
By
sheryl, at February 22, 2008 at 7:34 PM
Adorable, as usual! I love the tummy picture!! Too cute!
Monica
By
The Princess's Mommy, at February 22, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Your kids are Skittlelicious! (OK, not a word I know, but I've about used up my quota of adorable.) I love seeing the little monkey climb the fridge. And I thought I had a monkey! You take the prize!
By
Michelle R Photography, at February 22, 2008 at 8:59 PM
Connie, That is just to funny. Climbing the Fridge. She is a little monkey.I love your pictures. They always make me smile.
By
Denna, at February 22, 2008 at 10:03 PM
Those are fantastic pictures as usual! I can't get over the "climbing the fridge" pictures--WOW!! Your kiddos just look so happy!!!!
By
Kelley , at February 22, 2008 at 10:23 PM
OH, Connie...I am laughing so hard at the monkey/fridge pictures! Sooo funny! Caitlyn is one determined little girl.
Have a great week-end!!!
By
day by day, at February 22, 2008 at 10:49 PM
Oh...and thanks for sharing about the Bible stories. I am going to check them out right now.
By
day by day, at February 22, 2008 at 10:50 PM
As always, adorable pictures! I hope you all have a great weekend!
By
Ally, big sister to Lillyana, at February 22, 2008 at 11:26 PM
Wow, can't believe how she climbs that fridge! It's amazing what they can get into when they set their minds to it. Have a great weekend.
By
Annette, at February 23, 2008 at 1:40 AM
Oh gosh that fridge picture is hilarious! Love the tummy ones too! And I think ANYTHING our kids do, including eating snacks, is worth posting! :)
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at February 23, 2008 at 6:44 AM
Anything is Blog worthy right, LOL.
I adore the phots as always, climbing the fridge is hilarious!!
That's something Jill would do, funny and scary for Mom.
By
kerri, at February 23, 2008 at 7:03 AM
I think Caitlyn and Lottie are somehow related!! I think skittles are worth climbing a fridge for..LOL
I will check into those bible stories because I agree with you, I have had a hard time finding books that are on their level.
I love all the pictures. I really love the one where Caitlyn is just sitting with her snack and holding her toes....so cute!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at February 23, 2008 at 8:00 AM
OMG! Your little monkey is climbing the refridgerator! I couldnt even do that! What a talented little girl....we love skittles at our house too!
By
Gracie, at February 23, 2008 at 10:33 AM
Thank you so much for the comment on my blog! I had a great laugh over your little monkey scaling the refridgerator....I have one of those myself...although I haven't seen her try to climb the appliances (yet!)! :-)
We have one of the volumes of Bible stories for Lia too...they are very nice!
Your family is lovely...I will be back to visit!! :-)
Kate
By
Kate, at February 23, 2008 at 11:28 AM
I am on cuteness overload! I wouldn't be able to stop snapping pics either. Actually, I DON'T ever stop snapping 'em over here either. We can't help it if our kiddos are stinkin' adorable, right!?
I LOOOOVE the picture of Caitlyn scaling the fridge - HILARIOUS! (she is talented!)
Enjoy your (chilly) weekend.
XO
Oh, and I'll be checking those Bible stories out too - Lily has a devotional that she loves, but I'd love some more books!
By
Nikki, at February 23, 2008 at 11:29 AM
Connie! The fridge pictures cracked me up! She is a hoot!
By
Nicole, at February 23, 2008 at 1:33 PM
Oh my goodness. I cannot get over those fridge pictures...that is quite impressive. My Mia is not a climber at all, so seeing these are shocking!!! I love her face after she got the skittles. So cute. Lovely photos again as always!!!!
By
Lauren and Ed, at February 23, 2008 at 5:08 PM
Gorgeous, as usual. Your days always make me smile.
Too bad they don't make skittle covered veggies, huh?
By
Linda ★ Parker's General, at February 23, 2008 at 7:41 PM
Your children are beautiful. I love the fridge climbing photos. That is so funny how she can get up there!
By
redmaryjanes, at February 23, 2008 at 8:04 PM
Ok...the fridge picture is HILARIOUS.....I can't believe it! I love taking pics too.....but now I am craving popcorn and skittles. Give me a heads up next time you post snack time pictures! *wink*
By
Steffie B., at February 23, 2008 at 8:47 PM
Thanks for the link for the stories - We are always looking for more! We love to stop for snack time at our house too during school! Mid morning popcorn rocks! We also love reading about Jesus in the middle of arithmetic. We love bringing God back into school where He belongs:) Love the pics of the treasures!! I can't believe Monkey Treasure! Neither one of my boys could ever really climb because they have always been kinda big & heavy - not very limber!
By
Football and Fried Rice, at February 23, 2008 at 10:22 PM
I can't believe that little monkey climbing the fridge. I would be panic stricken!!!
Great snack shots...So much fun.
Thank you for the book recommendations. It is always appreciated...
Hugs,
Lisa
By
Don and Lisa Osborn, at February 23, 2008 at 11:21 PM
I hope you had a great weekend! I love all the pics! I love the pink outfit with the leggings...how adorable! :)
By
~Amy~, at February 24, 2008 at 1:36 PM
Even your kitchen cabinets are cute!!!!
By
Sharon, at February 24, 2008 at 7:52 PM
too too too cute!!!!!!! My mouth dropped open when I saw the pics of her climbing the fridge. I won't be showing my monkeys that pic. lol
Hope you had a great weekend.
By
Jewels of My Heart, at February 24, 2008 at 10:28 PM
Gorgeous photos! I can't believe that your daughter actually climbs the fridge. That is too funny!
By
Ashley Winters, at February 25, 2008 at 7:31 AM
what a SCREAM the way she climbs the fridge -- unbelievable!
all the photos are amazing -- I love to look at them : ))
thanks for the tip about fonts -- sounds like something to do when I'm up for a challenge. today isn't it...
By
Unknown, at February 25, 2008 at 12:19 PM
Catching up after vacation. All the recent pictures are just too cute!! I'm still laughing about the refrigerator picture -- you'll be glad you captured that on film.
By
Sheri, at February 25, 2008 at 3:23 PM
These are sooo cute! Your three treasures are perfect in every way!
: )
By
missy, at February 25, 2008 at 4:00 PM
Oh that monkey scares me...is that what I have to look forward to? YIKES!
Kim
By
3 Peanuts, at February 25, 2008 at 8:43 PM
Boy she is a monkey! That's the nickname I call Olivia :) Adorable pics of our your adorable kids :)
By
AmyO, at March 1, 2008 at 8:37 PM
Yikes! What a little climber. Fearless little one, isn't she?!
By
Jeff and Valerie, at March 2, 2008 at 4:56 PM
Connie pictures of the children are so dang cute!!! As usual you take the cutest pictures...
By
insanemommy, at March 4, 2008 at 7:06 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home