Weekend wrap-up
Our weekend wrap-up:
It was way too cold to do another park on our list, so we took the Treasures for lunch at their favorite pizza restaurant and celebrated Jacob's birthday Saturday evening with my parents. My parents are so good to the Treasures. We are very blessed that they live very close. My mom believes in the No Child Left Behind Act on their birthdays. :) Every one gets a present. She also bakes them a cake. Her creation is below. Here are a couple of collages of the festivities as well as a few pics from today of Caitlyn on a new bike. I have posted pics of her on Chloe's before and you have seen how its too big, which makes me nervous because she is just too little for a 16 inch bike, and its difficult for her and she could fall easily, but as I mentioned in the previous post quite determined. Anyway, we found a baby 12" bicycle for her and she was sooo happy. The paper is still on it in the pics because Daddy brought 2 home to choose from, one had no brakes and small wheels and one had bigger wheels and brakes but both were 12" We decided on the other one, but I had put my camera up when she tried it. I will post pics of her on the keeper later. Its a beautiful day here and I might be able to take her out again when I wake her up, to ride again. She was so excited, grinning ear to ear and shouting tank you! oh tank you!!!! I wub it!!!

It was way too cold to do another park on our list, so we took the Treasures for lunch at their favorite pizza restaurant and celebrated Jacob's birthday Saturday evening with my parents. My parents are so good to the Treasures. We are very blessed that they live very close. My mom believes in the No Child Left Behind Act on their birthdays. :) Every one gets a present. She also bakes them a cake. Her creation is below. Here are a couple of collages of the festivities as well as a few pics from today of Caitlyn on a new bike. I have posted pics of her on Chloe's before and you have seen how its too big, which makes me nervous because she is just too little for a 16 inch bike, and its difficult for her and she could fall easily, but as I mentioned in the previous post quite determined. Anyway, we found a baby 12" bicycle for her and she was sooo happy. The paper is still on it in the pics because Daddy brought 2 home to choose from, one had no brakes and small wheels and one had bigger wheels and brakes but both were 12" We decided on the other one, but I had put my camera up when she tried it. I will post pics of her on the keeper later. Its a beautiful day here and I might be able to take her out again when I wake her up, to ride again. She was so excited, grinning ear to ear and shouting tank you! oh tank you!!!! I wub it!!!











34 Comments:
Happy Birthday Jacob! Before you know it, your daughter will be riding without the training wheels!
By
junglemama, at February 25, 2008 at 4:41 PM
Happy Birthday, JAcob!!!
Wow, big girl bike for Caitlyn....she looks great! Livi is ready for a big girl bike, but not sure Mom is ready. :o)
By
2China4Ayla, at February 25, 2008 at 4:53 PM
Happy Birthday, Jacob! Looks like everyone enjoyed the celebration!!!!!
By
Lauren and Ed, at February 25, 2008 at 5:51 PM
Happy Birthday to your sweet Jacob! Love all the beautiful pictures of the b-day celebration!
By
Denise C, at February 25, 2008 at 5:54 PM
That is so neat that your parents get all the kids presents. I bet the kids really love it when birthdays come. How fun. Caitlyn on the bike is too cute, I love her little leggings.
By
Paula, at February 25, 2008 at 6:34 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob! What a fun time. ;)
By
Linette, at February 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Linette, at February 25, 2008 at 6:42 PM
Happy Birthday, Jacob! The party and bike riding look like so much fun!
By
Michelle R Photography, at February 25, 2008 at 6:52 PM
Just look at that precious child's tongue in that cake! ROFL
Great, great pictures of all the treasures...I think the Loos' grandmother also believes in the "no child left behind" too! LOL
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JACOB!!!!!!!!!!!!!
P.S. It was 80 degrees here in Texas today and we were sick and missed it :(
By
The Byrd's Nest, at February 25, 2008 at 7:08 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob!! Where did another year go? I am so envious of your weather... we're getting 8-12" of snow tomorrow night, and the kiddos probably won't have school (again) on Wednesday.
Great pictures!
By
Sophie's Mom, at February 25, 2008 at 7:22 PM
Happy birthday Jacob--that is so funny--the no child left behind:) Love the bike pictures--can't wait to see the keeper. We need to get JiaLi one before the spring--same thing--we only have big bikes:)
By
Michelle, at February 25, 2008 at 7:48 PM
Oh, it sounds like you had a fun week-end!
Happy Birthday, Jacob!!!
Yay for Caitlyn and her new bike! We have to get Ella a new bike also and she is sooo excited. Just waiting on the snow to melt and some warm weather to work its way
over to us. : )
That is soooo nice of your Mom to remember all of the kids when someone has a birthday!!! Your treasures are blessed to have such special grandparents!
By
day by day, at February 25, 2008 at 7:59 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob! I love the no child left behind policy!!! Connie I think you just need to come out here and teach me some photogrpay skills and some digi scrapping skills. You are awesome!!!!
Hugs,
Kim
By
3 Peanuts, at February 25, 2008 at 8:44 PM
Apparently I need typing skills as well.
By
3 Peanuts, at February 25, 2008 at 8:45 PM
Happy Birthday!
email me at shuey6@comcast.net if you want the invite to my new blog. I had to go underground...
By
polkadot, at February 25, 2008 at 8:49 PM
Happy Birthday sweet boy!!! Glad everyone had fun...love the cake : )
By
LaLa, at February 25, 2008 at 9:38 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob! I love Caitlyn's new bike. My Mom is the same way always buying the other kid a present even when it isn't their birthday! The kids love it!! I, too, always love your leggings that your girls wear - where do you get them?? Our Mya will need leggings in Colorado!!
By
Football and Fried Rice, at February 25, 2008 at 9:50 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob! Looks like it was a GREAT day! Your mom is so sweet to buy all the kiddos a gift!
Caitlyn is such a big girl on her new bike - how great for her.
(Once again, I am so envious that you all are outside enjoying yourselves...I can't wait!)
By
Nikki, at February 25, 2008 at 10:01 PM
Happy Birthday to you, Jacob!
Happy biking to you, Little one!
She is riding like a pro!!!!
By
Linda ★ Parker's General, at February 25, 2008 at 11:10 PM
Happy Birthday Jacob! I love love all the photos. I think you have the cutest little monkey I have ever seen. She is too funny scaling the front of the fridge. I always love looking at all of your beautiful photos.
By
Lisa, at February 26, 2008 at 1:11 AM
Happy Birthday Jacob! Cute pictures.
By
jennifer, at February 26, 2008 at 8:00 AM
Grandparents are the ultimate treasure, aren't they???!!
I loved the bike info & photos -- we need to get a 2 wheeler for Chloe soon.
And by the way - I liked the book set recommendation of a previous post - we love Bible Story collections around here - I think that would make a super Easter gift! Thanks for posting the link!
By
Unknown, at February 26, 2008 at 8:20 AM
You are so fortunate to have wonderful grandparents for your children! Grandma did an awesome job on that cake. Love the new bike...that's always so much fun!
Happy Birthday Jacob!
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at February 26, 2008 at 9:02 AM
Happy Birthday to Jacob!!!
Caitlyn looks adorable riding her new bike! I love her outfit, so sweet :)
Beautiful pictures as always :).
Melanie.
By
Melanie, at February 26, 2008 at 9:44 AM
Happy Birthday Jacob. Looks like the children all had fun. I love the pictures of Caitlyn on the bike. Those are so cute. She is getting to be such a big girl.
By
Denna, at February 26, 2008 at 11:34 AM
Happy Birthday!! Spring must be near to be loving outside!!
Great shots. Hope you all are having a super day!!
PS Can you tell MOB 'Thank you' for me ? also that I'd love to find away into her BLog. She left me a sweet comment but I can't get back to her because she is private.
By
Sharon, at February 26, 2008 at 11:53 AM
Happy birthday to Jacob.
Looks like everyone had a great weekend.
Beverly
By
RamblingMother, at February 26, 2008 at 3:58 PM
Look at her.....legs up like a little dare devil already....I'd be nervous too Momma! lol
Happy Birthday Jacob....he is such a handsome boy! ;)
Looks like a wonderful family weekend!
By
Steffie B., at February 26, 2008 at 4:59 PM
Looks like everyone had a great time celebrating!
By
Kelley , at February 26, 2008 at 5:12 PM
Cuteness all around! I love the bike pictures and that cake looks pretty darn yummy! :) I hope you are having a good week!
By
~Amy~, at February 26, 2008 at 9:12 PM
Happy Belated Birthday Jacob.
By
Deb, at February 28, 2008 at 6:22 AM
oh my goodness the cuteness is almost too much..
Happy Birthday Jacob!! and Super cool about the no child gets left behind policy.. and that cake ROCKS!
Happy B-day and Happy New Bike Day!
:)
Amie
p.s. thanks for stopping by the blog to say hello!
By
Amie, at February 28, 2008 at 11:36 AM
"My mom believes in the No Child Left Behind Act on their birthdays. :) Every one gets a present."
Don't you love moms like that? Mine is the same way. That ckae is so cute!
Happy birthday, Jacob!
By
LucisMomma, at March 1, 2008 at 10:29 AM
What a cool Grandma. I like her thinking of the "no child left behind." Makes birthdays extra fun for all the kids!!!
By
Jeff and Valerie, at March 2, 2008 at 4:54 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home