Wednesday, January 2, 2008

3 Treasures reading before bed

dec3007120

dec3007121

dec300715

dec300713

dec300714

Chloe and Jacob love reading. I am so glad. Caitlyn is beginning to pretend alot, which is cute. If I am reading with Jake or Chloe she will come and start pretending and say I wead! SO proud.
Jacob loves to read, Every night he begs for me to leave the light on 5 more minutes.

I am loving my canon rebel xti. I was never happy with indoor night shots with my other cameras. I still want to invest in an upgraded flash soon.

I am so glad to be back in routine today, I was ready for the holidays to be over. I really enjoyed them, but it felt good to get up knowing they were over officially today. Not that I get out of routine much during the holidays because I am a routine junkie, but still, it just felt so good this morning. Fresh.


We have made our lists of things we want to change in our lives to make 2008 a better year, made our lists of specifics to pray for and are looking forward to 2008 being great.


We have had a huge cold front come in and its extra cold this week, the kids are begging for outdoor activity. I am sorry they are cooped up. On a good note, the weather man says it will be almost 70 by Monday so we can pray he is right, if he is, we will surely be out all day Mon and Tues!

23 Comments:

  • Oh...send some of that warm weather this way! It was only 18 here today. Brrr. I'm afraid it will be awhile before we can play outside. :)
    Love the reading pics of the treasures. We love reading with Hannah before bed. She has so many of her books memorized we've read them so many times!

    By Blogger Linette, at January 2, 2008 at 8:19 PM  

  • 70 degrees?! We woke up to -15 degree windchills this morning! YIKES1 :)

    I love the reading shots. I often catch Hope playing with her books too. It is pretty cute to peek in on her and hear her "reading."

    Wishing that 2008 is a year full of peace, joy, and blessings for you and your family.

    Beth

    By Blogger Beth, at January 2, 2008 at 8:44 PM  

  • We are having a super cold front here on the East Coast also. 5 degrees! I always pester my hubby to move someplace warmer when the really cold weather hits us. I don't like to be inside too much, either and don't like not being able to take the kids outside. Could you please send some of that 70 degree warmth our way?? : )

    That is wonderful that your kids love reading so much! Ella loves her books, also!

    By Blogger day by day, at January 2, 2008 at 9:51 PM  

  • Love that yours love to read. I think Luci might be my reader--neither of our boys are, which is disappointing to me since I love to read. Luci will even pretend to read the label on the milk carton at breakfast, which cracks me up! I am the same way--got to read! Even the labels!

    susan

    By Blogger LucisMomma, at January 2, 2008 at 10:20 PM  

  • Love the pics of the kiddos reading...there is something so sweet about watching them do that! I love it when Lily "weads" too, and love the fact that she cannot fall asleep at night without her books first!

    Glad you are back to "routine"...still laughing about your comment!

    Enjoy your 70 degree weather. It is FREEZING HERE! But Lily loves it! (crazy kid!)

    By Blogger Nikki, at January 2, 2008 at 11:28 PM  

  • Precious treasures indeed. How wonderful that they love to read. Hannah pretends to read to. She sits down with a book and starts saying, "Ummmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmm." all the way through the book. lol
    Your pictures are wonderful. I love your new camera. It is great that you now have a camera to match your talents!!!
    We started school yesterday. I need to get back into our routine!!!
    We are in the cold front too. It is 24 outside and personally I think if it is going to be that cold there should be snow on the ground!!! I want snow! Waaa Waaa
    Have a wonderful day and I love these pics.

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at January 3, 2008 at 7:09 AM  

  • Ohhh, I tried to leave a comment and it's gone. We are having 5 degree weather today but the weekend will be warmer getting to 40 degrees:) Would love some of that 70 degree weather! The pictures are adorable--I love the pretend reading(JiaLi loves to do it). I definitely need a better camera/flash--the snow pictures I last posted were taken before dark and I had to adjust them so much. Yours look great!

    By Blogger Michelle, at January 3, 2008 at 7:59 AM  

  • Love those pictures :) They're so cute reading, I also like the little I saw of the girls room :)
    Hope you like the pictures I sent!
    Melanie

    By Blogger Melanie, at January 3, 2008 at 8:11 AM  

  • 70??? It's 3 degrees outside right now, at 9am. 3. What I wouldn't give for some of that warmth!

    Glad you love your XTI. I love mine, too. I just got the 580EXII Speedlite external flash for mine for Christmas, and LOVE it. I got it for a sweet deal on Ebay, new in the box. Saved $200 from what I would have paid at my local Circuity City or Best Buy.

    Great pictures, and how wonderful your kiddos love reading so much!

    By Blogger Sophie's Mom, at January 3, 2008 at 8:22 AM  

  • Can't go wrong with books. I'm starting a collection now for Hannah. The pictures are great.

    By Blogger Paula, at January 3, 2008 at 11:55 AM  

  • thanks for stopping by my blog. How exciting you have a ChangDe girl as well. Your children are beatutiful, definitely treasures.

    By Blogger Dawn, at January 3, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

  • What great pictures! You have obviously instilled a love of reading in your little ones and that is a gift for life for them. Love your new camera too : )

    By Blogger LaLa, at January 3, 2008 at 4:43 PM  

  • Hey Connie! The pics of them reading are so cute! I'm with you, I love getting back into the routine. Though, to be honest, sleeping until 9 a.m. every morning has been really nice! :)

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at January 3, 2008 at 5:25 PM  

  • We love to read here, too! Your pictures are just beautiful!

    Monica

    By Blogger The Princess's Mommy, at January 3, 2008 at 5:47 PM  

  • We too are under a cold alert, the kids stayed indoors today.
    I enjoyed the reading pictures, our girls love reading, Jen reads and Jill pretends, too cute.

    By Blogger kerri, at January 3, 2008 at 8:22 PM  

  • It is really cold here too. It's supposed to warm up by the weekend though. I think it's wonderful that the children love to read. It's so important.

    By Blogger redmaryjanes, at January 3, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

  • Such cute pictures as always!!

    We are having a cold front move in here in CA also. It is going to be one of the biggest storms in a long time for us here. I hope your kids can get out and run off some energy.

    Christy :)

    By Blogger Christy, at January 4, 2008 at 1:34 AM  

  • Sweet pictures. Reading is about all there is to do around here right now. It's been cold for 2 weeks! We are ALL going stir crazy. The boys were actually happy to go back to school yesterday!

    ~Lynn

    By Blogger Somewhere In The Sun, at January 4, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

  • Such pretty shots and the way you have them framed! Go readers!

    By Blogger Sharon, at January 4, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

  • Oh gosh, I need a new camera. Your photos are so good and my digital camera is getting worse by the minute! Thanks for sharing what is working for you.

    Your treasures look so cute! Great idea for a photo.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 5, 2008 at 2:34 AM  

  • It is great that they love to read! Ana Claire just in the past couple of months has taken an interest in books. You got some great photos!
    It has been very cold here. I would love for it to warm up just a little.

    By Blogger Lisa, at January 5, 2008 at 9:54 AM  

  • 70's???????? Showoff! The pictures are priceless (they really are great shots - I think I need your camera:)

    I love Mercer Mayer, so I giggled when I saw your precious boy reading one of his books. he is a favorite.

    Hoping you are having a great weekend!
    Heather

    By Blogger Heather, at January 5, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

  • Great pictures! Happy New Year!

    By Blogger Nicole, at January 5, 2008 at 2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older