Saturday, January 5, 2008

Saturday ramblings, pics and a request

ok I realize I took a ton in their jammies now... I had nothing to do New years Eve! :) Daddy to 4 and Ryan went out to a friends for the evening, but I opted to keep the little Treasures home so their schedule was uninterrupted (routine junkie) + the house they were going to was going to have several families there and alot going on and a little too much stimulation for Jacob I think. He does so much better with just one or two to play with versus a crowd. So now I have been scrapbooking the pics I took that night ever time I get a few minutes.

Praise Report

Last night Jacob suddenly felt terrible. He is never sick, we have been very blessed with our little Treasures health. So for him to have a fever was very unusual. I gave him some ibuprofen and prayed for him. Suddenly he began throwing up and threw up for around 2 hours every 20 min poor little guy. I kept doing the 1 teaspoon of Sprite or tea or juice to begin re hydrating. He went to sleep and I woke him up at 330AM for a drink and another ibuprofen, then I decided to pray and meditate in the healing scriptures instead of more sleep. Around 430AM he came into my office and startled me, and asked for more drink. Then he and I went up and snuggled and watched Homeward Bound together until around 545, and we both decided to go to sleep and got up at 7 for more drink. He has felt much better today and ate like a little piggy and I am just so thankful to my Heavenly Father for hearing and answering my prayers. I am so thankful for the times I have gone to God and received. I just wanted to praise Him today for taking care of my baby. He is so good.

Jacob and Chloe are so close. I have been reading a fellow bloggy buddy tell of her daughters love for one another Day by Day and it has reminded me of their bond. Last night I noticed Chloe could not stand to be away from Jacob. I had him laying upstairs in the kids den area and kept she and Caitlyn down in my bedroom for play, she would sneak up just to give him a hug and tell him she was praying. This morning when he came down at 7 (which is early for them both) Chloe was right behind him and I asked who woke who and Jacob said he needed to "check" on Chloe, and hadn't meant to wake her. The way they take care of one another is so precious. I am so thankful they have had the blessing of growing up together. They are truly best best buddies. Chloe is a little mommy to Caitlyn, Jacob is her friend, her companion.

sib love

sib love1



dec30079


dec30078



night play2

night play3

Prayers and encouragement for special friend: Tonya
I hesitated in posting this, but I know so many of you that visit are such wonderful compassionate, miracle believing prayer warriors.

I feel your encouragement to Tonya and her family could make a huge difference. Tonya was in our dtc group when we adopted Caitlyn. She also adopted another daughter from China a little over 6 months ago. Ayla was SN adoption. Her SN was
micropthalmia - small eye,
blindness, and no pigment in her right eye. This week Tonya's family received some VERY unexpected news. On Dec. 21st Ayla had surgery to remove her right eye
because her prosthesis was causing her irritation. The Ocularist
thought he was unable to get a good fit because of her lack of
cooperation and if she had her eye removed and an orbital implant put
in that the prosthesis would be more comfortable for Ayla. It was a
drastic measure but after speaking with 3 different Ophthalmologist Tonya and her husband
felt this was the best choice. Fast forward to this Wed. Jan 2,
2008. The Ophthalmologist who removed her eye called, and told them
that the eye was covered in a rare cancerous tumor called
Retinoblastoma. The veins and vessels surrounding the optic nerve
also showed signs of the cancer but the optic nerve didn't.

We are believing God for a miracle for little Ayla and for her to be totally healed of cancer forever. Thank you for praying and agreeing and leaving some encouragement for Tonya on her blog from time to time during the next few months of treatment. I share this so you can pray with us, and I felt some of you could possibly have a testimony or 2 to share with Tonya that could uplift and encourage and strengthen Tonya and her family. Thank you all.


29 Comments:

  • Let there be light in the darkness of little Tonya.

    Sorry to hear.

    By Blogger crazylady, at January 5, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

  • Of course prayers go up and I am heading over to check them out.

    LOVE the pics...what sweetness!!

    By Blogger LaLa, at January 5, 2008 at 6:22 PM  

  • What sweet brother/sister pics! What a special bond they share.

    I will be praying for Tonya and heading to her blog now.

    By Blogger Linette, at January 5, 2008 at 6:52 PM  

  • Prayers are going out to Tonya and her little Ayla. I checked out their blog and left a note. What a darling little girl Ayla is.
    That is so special, the bond between Jacob and Chloe. God meant them to be together and He is watching over your family.

    By Blogger Paula, at January 5, 2008 at 7:40 PM  

  • I will keep them in my daily prayers. Please keep us updated.

    I love the photos of Jacob and Chloe. Nothing wamrs my heart more than sibling love. My boys are amazingly close and I love to see that in families. I oly wish Kate would have a close sister.

    Kim

    By Blogger 3 Peanuts, at January 5, 2008 at 8:00 PM  

  • Connie, what a beautiful post! You know Jackson was really sick several years ago and he still talks about how I laid with him and gave him popsicles. It's a special memory. Thanks for sharing your answered prayer.

    Ayla has been and will continue to be in my prayers.

    ~Lynn

    By Blogger Somewhere In The Sun, at January 5, 2008 at 9:20 PM  

  • I will pray for your friend.

    By Blogger redmaryjanes, at January 5, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

  • Connie, I just love the pictures of Chloe and Jacob when they were younger and what a sweet, sweet story of how they look out for each other! So precious and what a special bond they share!!

    Praising God with you for answered prayers and healing for Jacob. What an awesome God we have!!

    I will keep Tonya and her daughter in my prayers. "Where two or more are gathered in My name"....

    By Blogger day by day, at January 5, 2008 at 10:40 PM  

  • Hi there,

    I just read about Ayla on another blog. What an amazing family so deserving and in need of many prayers. I am glad to see you put the word out for them, too...

    Such charming and touching pictures of your sweethearts.

    Hope everyone stays well at your house.

    Hugs,
    Lisa

    By Blogger Don and Lisa Osborn, at January 5, 2008 at 11:13 PM  

  • First off I want to thank you for being such a spiritual warrior to all of us. Your faith radiates through your posts and I love coming here for that peacefulness.

    The beach photos's are my favorite. I pray that Sophia and Daniel will have that bond as they continue to grow as well.

    I will pray for your friends. What a difficult journey.... but one that can only be comforted by the Lord!

    By Blogger Steffie B., at January 6, 2008 at 6:05 AM  

  • Hi Connie - First the pics of your treasures and the stories of their love for one another, only our great big God could do something so beautiful. Thanks for sharing and so glad that Jacob is feeling better.

    The other family you mentioned, we will be on our knees for their family. How scary, and how magnificent the community of faithful prayer warriors that will intercede for the whole family. Thank you for bringing to our attention.

    Love,
    Heather

    By Blogger Heather, at January 6, 2008 at 10:03 AM  

  • I'm glad Jacob got better, poor little guy. It's so sweet that Jacob and Chloe care so much about each other, I hope they won't change when they grow up.
    Those pictures are beautiful.
    Hugs your way.

    By Blogger Melanie, at January 6, 2008 at 10:46 AM  

  • Connie, I am glad Jacob was all better the next day. God is good. Thanks so much for recruiting more prayers on our behalf. As I have said I know it pleases God when His people unite on behalf of one of His. We are in awe of the love and support we are being given. It is humbling and inspiring. We know God has great things in store.

    By Blogger 2China4Ayla, at January 6, 2008 at 1:36 PM  

  • I love hearing praise reports.
    beautiful pics as always.
    Praying for your friend.
    Bless you for being such a blessing to all of us.

    By Blogger Deb, at January 6, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

  • Connie, the pics of Jacob and Chloe are so adorable! I love to hear stories about how close they are, and pray that k & q are that close as they grow up!
    I am praying for Ayla. I visited her site and read through her blog...it is amazing to see how God brought them to this place in perfect timing to bring her the treatment she needs!
    God is so amazing!
    Thanks for sharing, and for treating us bloggy friends like we live next door to you! You're the best!
    Love,
    Laine

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at January 6, 2008 at 8:54 PM  

  • I have been catching up. Love all your pics over the holidays. The story of Jacob and Chloe is precious, and the pics of them together are too sweet.

    I will be praying for Tonya and her little one.

    By Blogger jennifer, at January 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

  • Oh how precious are those pics of brother/sister. It is so apparent in these photographs of the bond that they share. Gives me chills.
    Thank you so much for sharing this about this family who certainly needs all of our prayers. I am lifting Tonya and her precious daughter up to our Heavenly Father. I will continue to pray for them daily.

    By Blogger Adele, at January 6, 2008 at 11:00 PM  

  • Oh Connie. Jacob and my girls are so much alike, I completely understand about staying home. I am amazed at the peace God has given my girls on this trip. Things like this are so hard on my little ritual treasures.

    What a wonderful example of God's grace in healing Jacob so quickly. I will begin praying it doesn't spread and I will definately pray for Tonya's family.
    Love, Kim

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at January 7, 2008 at 11:49 AM  

  • Love the pictures (as always!) I have always admired the bond that Chloe & Jacob have - they are so beautiful together! God knew what He was doing when He placed them in their forever families!

    Thanks for the link to little Ayla. Absolutely will be praying for their family. I have checked them out a little & bookmarked them so I can return for their journey.

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at January 7, 2008 at 1:19 PM  

  • Love those sibling pics. So cute.

    Beverly

    By Blogger RamblingMother, at January 7, 2008 at 2:42 PM  

  • My prayers are going out for Tonya! Thank you for bringing that to light.

    Your pics of your sweet angels are precious!!! They look so happy.

    By Blogger missy, at January 7, 2008 at 4:18 PM  

  • Love the love in your family. So sweet:)
    We are all praying for the family.

    By Blogger Michelle, at January 7, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

  • Heart and prayers going out to Ayla and support to Tonya.

    I love the siblings pictures, there is a lot of love surrounding that post.
    My two little ones are attached at the hip and really dislike being apart, it warms my heart.

    By Blogger kerri, at January 7, 2008 at 8:02 PM  

  • your blog is lovely to look at & read - caring about Tonya and Ayla.

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 7, 2008 at 8:05 PM  

  • Thanks so much for sharing this about Tonya and her family! We will certainly be keeping them in our prayers!!

    By Blogger Deb, at January 7, 2008 at 9:45 PM  

  • I love the pst about your son and your meditation on God's healing, then the movie together. Then the picts!!! Love those photos.

    I will pray for the family you mentioned. I can't imagine!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 7, 2008 at 9:47 PM  

  • This is so heartbreaking.

    By Blogger insanemommy, at January 8, 2008 at 11:52 AM  

  • As a cancer survivor myself, miracles can and DO happen. No child should ever have to endure this. She will be in my prayers!!!!!!

    By Blogger Lauren and Ed, at January 9, 2008 at 6:38 PM  

  • Thoughts and prayers to sweet Ayla, Tonya and family.

    Your kids are little treasures ... with a whole lot of cute mixed in!

    By Blogger Jeff and Valerie, at January 16, 2008 at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older