I thank Him for direction in all areas... Walking on His path is so much better than my own...
.
Another Psalm I meditate on and thank Him for protection. When Ryan began driving I would have a little twinge of fear try to rise in my heart every time the phone rang. I had to take time to fill myself up with His promises of protection.
His Name is mentioned over and over in scriptures. The Lord wants us to trust in His name... I am so thankful I can run to Him and when I have no words to pray, just thank Him for His mercy and grace and speak His name. There is power in His name...
And last but not least, a few tidbits from the weekend when we had a little chipmunk stuck in our sunroom that refused to come out!
The Treasures came up with several ideas but nothing was successful,
once when running from the chipmunk:
Jacob: I am not afraid, I am just frightened!
once when he was hiding:
Caitlyn: come here little chipmunk, come on little guy, we are friendly!
When I was telling Allie our little dachshund to go chase the chipmunk:
Jacob: Mommy, when you were little, could you talk chipmunk?
He finally ran out. But not before running into my foot and giving me a bit of a fright myself!;)
Oh, what a great post, Connie!!!! First...the beautiful Scriptures you shared...love them! And the pictures of Caitlyn....just precious! We have that dress, too! Children's Place, right?
And then the fun pictures sure put a smile on my face. I HS'd for 5 years and loved every minute of it!!!
Looks like you all had so much fun... As for the chipmunk... what do you mean you can't speak Chipmunk :) Sorry I haven't seen you in a while. Life is crazy... hope all is well...
Connie this post really spoke to me, you see our daughter Astrud which is 16 has such a heart for God and she left tuesday for her first out of country mission trip. She is in the underdeveloped parts of the Bahamas doing a street ministry. And I have faith that God is protecting them, but my flesh as a mother hashad such a tough time letting go and letting God, and some of these verses really spoke to me and I thank you for that. God bless you and your family.
I am blessed to be the mother to 4 wonderful treasures. It humbles me daily to know He would entrust me with these beautiful gifts... See my complete profile
16 Comments:
Oh that looks like so much fun! Maybe we should try that with the girls someday when the temperature dips BELOW 100 degrees......
So glad the chipmunk made it out in one piece.
As always the pictures are fabulous!
By
Lori Lynn, at July 29, 2009 at 3:53 PM
As usual, your photos are gorgeous! Love the shaving cream and body paint ones -- what a fun time!
Yikes -- that chipmunk would have scared me too! Little critters can be so frightening!
Janet
By
Jboo, at July 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM
What fabulous FUN!!!!
And I just LOVE the way your photos illustrate The Word! BEAUTIFUL!!!
By
Patricia, at July 29, 2009 at 4:38 PM
I always leave your blog with a smile. :o)
By
Marla, at July 29, 2009 at 8:50 PM
Precious treasures!!! Always such fun things going on at your home! :)
By
Missy, at July 29, 2009 at 9:37 PM
Oh, what a great post, Connie!!!! First...the beautiful Scriptures you shared...love them! And the pictures of Caitlyn....just precious! We have that dress, too! Children's Place, right?
And then the fun pictures sure put a smile on my face. I HS'd for 5 years and loved every minute of it!!!
The chipmunk story....very cute! : )
love you!
By
day by day, at July 29, 2009 at 10:05 PM
Looks like you all had so much fun...
As for the chipmunk... what do you mean you can't speak Chipmunk :)
Sorry I haven't seen you in a while. Life is crazy... hope all is well...
By
Fliss and Mike Adventures, at July 29, 2009 at 10:50 PM
Jacob's quotes are just precious!
By
Sharon, at July 30, 2009 at 6:31 AM
What fun! The little ones here LOVE playing with shaving cream.
I love sitting here listening to praise and worship music and reading the scriptures on your page. Thank you so much for the reminders that He is God!
By
Ohilda, at July 30, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Connie this post really spoke to me, you see our daughter Astrud which is 16 has such a heart for God and she left tuesday for her first out of country mission trip. She is in the underdeveloped parts of the Bahamas doing a street ministry. And I have faith that God is protecting them, but my flesh as a mother hashad such a tough time letting go and letting God, and some of these verses really spoke to me and I thank you for that. God bless you and your family.
Love and blessings, Kristy
ps I love the pictures!!!
By
Kristy, at July 30, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Great chipmunk story and FANTASTIC photos, love the Bible verses.
Love Jules
xxx
By
De Lucchi Family Treasures, at July 31, 2009 at 4:47 PM
That is some serious fun, and the chipmunk conversation cracked me up!!
By
fleur de lis cottage, at August 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM
Oh a little chipmunk..sounds so cute but not in your house, I guess. So, did you speak chipmunk when you were little?
Kim
By
3 Peanuts, at August 3, 2009 at 7:54 PM
looks like fun to me!
and yes, there are times I do not enjoy homeschooling!!!!
LOVE the I am not scared quote there.
By
Carla, at August 3, 2009 at 8:56 PM
you are so creative...you crack me up...i LOVE jacob's response..not scared...just frightened!
love you and your treasures......
By
The Byrd's Nest, at August 4, 2009 at 9:54 PM
Beautiful pictures!!
By
Ashton, at August 5, 2009 at 8:36 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home