Raindrops
We had a rainy day, but thats okay... We went to Wally World and bought some craft supplies and new dry erase boards for everyone and had fun all afternoon. They really enjoyed their dry erase boards more than I thought they would. Great writing practice.
I also found an idea from a homeschool forum I frequent that I implemented my own version of and its going really well. Workboxes. I made a little box for each Treasure full of things to do. From the 3R's to fun stuff as well. As well as their school work, I gave them a fun book to read, a puzzle, an art book for Chloe, a rubiks cube for Jacob. For Caitlyn's box, she had playdoh with tools, a Princess book, her GN moon puzzle, her leapster, and her little Dora backpack full of art supplies.
The idea is for them to have work and fun in the box and they see exactly how much work they have to do for the day and they will know when they are finished. It helps me be more organized and have their work laid out ahead of time as well, instead of running around looking for a pencil or flashcards etc. Everything will be in the box thats needed for the morning work and some kind of fun each day.
Ryan had his first work day today at Chi*k Fi*l A He was so nervous! He did fine of course. He stresses himself out easily. He strives for perfection and is a big people pleaser. I am glad he has the first day behind him.


15 Comments:
I'm going to have to show Linlee these pictures tomorrow. She LOVES umbrellas and she loves the rain. She could completely relate to Caitlyn in those shots! So sweet.
By
Colleen, at April 1, 2009 at 12:16 AM
Oh, my! What beautiful, vibrant colors! Love it!
By
Jenny, at April 1, 2009 at 1:06 AM
Ridiculously CUTE!
Praying for Ryan to shine the light of Jesus at work!
Hugs and love,
Jill
By
Unknown, at April 1, 2009 at 4:07 AM
This is darling Connie.....we love the rain too....but it is still so cold here.....great idea on the work boxes....I bet they loved them....Ryan and Emmie sound like two peas in a pod.....striving for perfection.....lol
Have a great weekend....
Hugs,
Steffie
By
Steffie B., at April 1, 2009 at 5:34 AM
what fun pictures..I love it. If only it would rain here instead of all this SNOW that just won't stop:( Glad Ryan has his first day behind him..I am sure he did a great job:)
By
my3 kids, at April 1, 2009 at 6:30 AM
That first picture is just adorable! Thank you for sharing!
By
Ally, at April 1, 2009 at 8:04 AM
Those are awesome pics!! The work boxes are a great idea!
Yay for Ryan surviving the first day, I'm sure he's glad it's over too. :)
By
Marla, at April 1, 2009 at 8:29 AM
Great photos -- love that outfit on your girl!
Thanks for the tip on the workboxes!
Glad to hear he got the first day ok, it should get easier every single day. Have a good one.
Janet
By
Jboo, at April 1, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Congrats Ryan on getting over that first day. ;)
Gorgeous phots, we are having a nice , rainy, warm(10 degrees celcius!)getting greener as I type. ;)
By
kerri, at April 1, 2009 at 9:06 AM
What a fun photo shoot! Olivia always tries to drink the rain. I'm glad Ryan's first day went well!
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at April 1, 2009 at 2:19 PM
Loves these pictures. Her cute bright outfit makes the rain so cheery!
By
fleur de lis cottage, at April 1, 2009 at 8:42 PM
Cute pictures....course now I will be singing Barney the rest of the night. :o)
By
A Crystal Garden, at April 1, 2009 at 9:49 PM
I am going to have to write this idea down for myself in 18 months...great idea!
Isn't she just the sweetest thing in the rain???
I know Ryan will love his job!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at April 2, 2009 at 8:35 AM
What beautiful pictures! I love the open mouth letting the rain fall in picture, especially.
Hugs,
Ohilda
By
Ohilda, at April 2, 2009 at 9:53 PM
What cute pics of your Caitlyn barefoot in the rain!!
By
Michelle R Photography, at April 2, 2009 at 9:57 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home