highlights of last week







A few bullets:
We had beautiful weather and played out each afternoon; it has been so nice to get out and enjoy the great outdoors. We took a picnic to the park and stayed around 3 hours and I still had to almost drag them to the car.
We have really been on a roll lately with school and they are learning so much. I am enjoying the read alouds most of all. We are going to begin Mr. Poppers Penguins this week.
I am trying to decide what to read after this one. I am considering reading Little House in the Big Woods from the LIttle House series. Mr. Poppers Pennguins is a book in the humor arena and Little Pear was as well; so I am thinking we need something else next go around. Little House is historical fiction. Caitlyn is usually busy playing when we do these read alouds; so I don't really try to choose anything that would keep her attention. I read to her at bedtime and choose things for her age. This week she stuck with her Princess story every night. Two nights we added in Caps for Sale, she loves it and loves to pretend she is reading it since she knows it by heart.
The C bible verse for this week is: Commit your way to the Lord. Psalm 37:5
there is also, Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right. Ephesians 6:1
We are going to use that one next go around. I want the C word to sound like hard C this time.
I have been Spring cleaning and organizing. I love getting things straight and removing clutter.
I found a $90 dollar bookcase at Target this week for $20 on clearance. Its perfect for the playroom. I also purchased the Treasures some comfy chairs to sit in while they read.



21 Comments:
Oh spring is in the air and I'm so happy!! Love the pics....your treasures are adorable as always!
Love,
Monica
By
The Princess's Mommy, at February 15, 2009 at 4:55 PM
What gorgeous photos as always!
Lori W
By
Lori Lynn, at February 15, 2009 at 5:50 PM
Our snow is gone, but it doesn't look like spring here, so I am loving your photos!! The treasures look like they had a blast!
By
Michelle R Photography, at February 15, 2009 at 6:54 PM
I'm SO jealous of the short sleeves and bare feet. I'm not normally a summer person, but this winter is lasting TOO long.
By
Shari, at February 15, 2009 at 7:03 PM
We also stayed outdoors most of last week and loved it! We even drug Daddy to the park one day and told him he could bring his new book with him...just come be with us!
I love the ABC verses...is this something in a book or are you just finding these yourself? It is a great idea!
The pictures, as usual, are breathtaking...I love the last one of Chloe...she has the most serene smile.
By
The Byrd's Nest, at February 15, 2009 at 8:03 PM
Greats images!!! I guess I missed that you home schooled your beautiful children. When I taught school, I always read them Mr. Popper's Penguins- they loved it and so did I!!! We also read Little House in the Big Woods. So great read your post!
Blessings,
Shay
By
Anonymous, at February 15, 2009 at 8:37 PM
Love all the pictures...such beautiful kids!!
By
my3 kids, at February 15, 2009 at 9:24 PM
Love all your beautiful park pictures .... ooo it gives me spring fever!
By
JulieM, at February 15, 2009 at 9:36 PM
Hi Connie! Oh, what wonderful pictures....your Treasures are all so beautiful! Caitlyn's smile is soooo contagious. I just love seeing it!!
My favorite part of HS-ing was the read alouds!!!
have a great week, Connie!!
love,
Michelle
By
day by day, at February 15, 2009 at 10:49 PM
I love when y'all get outdoors. You go so many wonderful places! Love those verse....I think my kids will study them this week too. Thank you for the inspiration.
Kim
By
3 Peanuts, at February 15, 2009 at 11:05 PM
Oh my goodness, I cannot get over how big the treasures are getting. That being said, their smiles tell the whole story, Connie. Gorgeous!
I am catching up, was totally missing my bloggy friends:)
Love you!
Heather
By
Heather, at February 16, 2009 at 9:05 AM
Send us some spring and sunshine, please...
Love the photos, your treasures always have the sunniest smiles, such happy kids, your such a great Mom and it shows..
By
kerri, at February 16, 2009 at 3:08 PM
So glad you are out enjoying the nice weather! Looks like such fun : )
By
LaLa, at February 16, 2009 at 3:18 PM
You take the best pictures in blogland! I just can't believe the shots you get...wonderful.
By
redmaryjanes, at February 16, 2009 at 9:22 PM
Just had to stop by and say how funny I thought your comment on T.Momma's blog was (about the G.S. cookies) LOL! I have to wonder if they were Thin Mints. I'd hide those too, if they were mine.
Your children are beautiful!
By
Laura L., at February 17, 2009 at 2:31 PM
Oooh, I LOVED reading Little House in the Big Woods to my second graders! I miss reading aloud from a chapter book so much! It will be ages before Linlee is ready to listen to a chapter each night before bed.
Beautiful pictures of beautiful children on a beautiful day.
By
Colleen, at February 17, 2009 at 11:34 PM
Hi sweet friend...I am slowly trying to catch up with all my precious friends! I have just oooo'ed and ahhhh'ed over all of these gorgeous pic of your sweet little treasures! Absolutely stunning! I hope you are well..and all your days are filled with sweet blessings!
Hugs! Denise
By
Denise C, at February 18, 2009 at 3:09 AM
BEAUTIFUL as usual! Ya know I love the farm pics the best!
xoxo,
A
By
Andrea, at February 18, 2009 at 7:44 AM
Love the photos and am so envious of your lovely weather and short sleeves. Winters in the UK go forever...
Love Jules
xxx
By
De Lucchi Family Treasures, at February 18, 2009 at 8:07 AM
I love a good bargain and as always I love all of these pictures, thank you so much for sharing them. They are all so beautiful.
Love, Kristy
By
Kristy, at February 18, 2009 at 3:59 PM
Connie,
Your place is always warm. i love it over here.
I think I miss reading books to my kids most of all. They all loved Fudge, by Judy Blume.
By
Anonymous, at February 18, 2009 at 8:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home