weekend photos and tidbits
This is my easy, sweet model:) I say smile, she smiles... I say look away, she looks away, I say look serious and dreamy and she does. :)


Hope you all had a great weekend, we had a very cold Friday and Saturday. Sunday was warmer. We have been spending lots of time reading, learning math, playing Chutes and Ladders and Candyland. We have been reading the Old Testament in our childrens bible stories. We were reading about Abraham and Lot and how Abraham was willing to give instead of argue and fight.
Now Caitlyn is making sure Jacob remembers the story and whenever he argues with her she gets bossy and says,"member Jacob, God says, don't pight! He don't like pighting. If you pight, you will get in trouble!"


Jacob tidbit:
We have also been practicing our cutting with scissors. Jacob had a pretty big pile of paper scraps under his chair and I asked him to pick up before he cut anymore. He groaned. I said something to the extent of I am not your maid, you have to clean up your own mess. He asked "what is a maid?" Chloe answered, "like if you are a rockstar, someone cleans up for you." Jacob thought a minute and said, "well, I want to be a rockstar."
I have no idea where Chloe got her definition.:)


Some ask how do I post larger pics than blogger will post: I use flickr.com. I dowload to flickr, then click on the photo I want to blog, I click all sizes next, then medium, then copy the code at the bottom of the page into my post. Flickr also has a great editing tool... picnic that you can add borders and add edit your photos. You just click edit photo.
You can also resize your image on edit photo and make it whatever size you want if medium doesn't suit you. Then when you click all sizes just use the largest.


Hope you all had a great weekend, we had a very cold Friday and Saturday. Sunday was warmer. We have been spending lots of time reading, learning math, playing Chutes and Ladders and Candyland. We have been reading the Old Testament in our childrens bible stories. We were reading about Abraham and Lot and how Abraham was willing to give instead of argue and fight.
Now Caitlyn is making sure Jacob remembers the story and whenever he argues with her she gets bossy and says,"member Jacob, God says, don't pight! He don't like pighting. If you pight, you will get in trouble!"


Jacob tidbit:
We have also been practicing our cutting with scissors. Jacob had a pretty big pile of paper scraps under his chair and I asked him to pick up before he cut anymore. He groaned. I said something to the extent of I am not your maid, you have to clean up your own mess. He asked "what is a maid?" Chloe answered, "like if you are a rockstar, someone cleans up for you." Jacob thought a minute and said, "well, I want to be a rockstar."
I have no idea where Chloe got her definition.:)


Some ask how do I post larger pics than blogger will post: I use flickr.com. I dowload to flickr, then click on the photo I want to blog, I click all sizes next, then medium, then copy the code at the bottom of the page into my post. Flickr also has a great editing tool... picnic that you can add borders and add edit your photos. You just click edit photo.
You can also resize your image on edit photo and make it whatever size you want if medium doesn't suit you. Then when you click all sizes just use the largest.


29 Comments:
Your model is just beautiful!! The picutres make me wonder what she was thinking.
Loved the stories...especially the rockstar one. Too funny!
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at January 19, 2009 at 7:28 AM
Oh Connie - she is beautiful!
One rule we have in our home - is clean up after yourself. DO unto others as you would have done unto you. Would Jacob like it if you made a huge mess in his room and left it behind?
I love that Chloe is remembering what you are teaching them and using it in her world! Bless her precious heart!
Hide'm in their hearts and it will never leave them!
Hugs and blessings beautiful friend!
Jill
Thanks for the photo tip too!
By
Unknown, at January 19, 2009 at 7:35 AM
Thank you for the photo tip! I have flickr never used it in that way... Thanks.. Pictures are beautiful (as always)
By
Ally, at January 19, 2009 at 8:07 AM
Great tip about the photo sizes, Connie! Thanks. And a beautiful subject, as always.
By
a Tonggu Momma, at January 19, 2009 at 8:13 AM
Wow~you are so lucky that she is such a great model. i am lucky to get mine to actually stay in the camera frame!
Great tip about the sizing. i use flickr too but cannot seem to fit larger photos because of the margins on my blog. I am curious as to the parameters of yours. It is hard for me to play with that sutff...it is so time consuming. But I am sure once you figure it out, it is easy? No?
Have a great week. I love the lessons your children are learning form the old testament.
By
3 Peanuts, at January 19, 2009 at 9:38 AM
and what a beautiful model indeed! ;) It has been super cold here too...in the single digits and below zero.....today the sun is out...so at least it looks pretty outside.....stay warm...you have no idea! lol
Hugs,
Steffie
By
Steffie B., at January 19, 2009 at 10:35 AM
I love your pictures! Thanks for the Flickr tip!
By
Kelley , at January 19, 2009 at 10:55 AM
Haha, those are cute stories. And gorgeous pics, I only wish my kids would be such willing models. My friend is going to let me shoot her newborn (when he arrives) and I'm excited because he won't be able to run away. :)
Have a great week!
By
Marla, at January 19, 2009 at 11:05 AM
Wow....she is just beautiful, Connie!!! I especially love the last photo!
By
day by day, at January 19, 2009 at 12:26 PM
Such a beautiful little girl! She has such a thoughtful look on her face...wonder who she gets that from?...could it be her sweet mommy? : )
By
Missy, at January 19, 2009 at 1:11 PM
I am cracking up at Chloe's answer! It is crazy...where DO they get these ideas from? lol
I can also just picture Caitlyn being so bossy. Poor Jacob.
We are working with scissors too, I think Lottie is good with her left AND her right hand but I also think that is harder because she never really practices with the same hand;)
Chloe is beautiful......she is such a serene looking child. Can I have her??? I need one of those right now!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at January 19, 2009 at 3:48 PM
What a beautiful model you have. Love the story about pighting and I wanna be a rockstar so I can have a maid...out of the mouth of babes! Too cute.
By
fleur de lis cottage, at January 19, 2009 at 5:55 PM
What a beauty she is!
Jacob should get together with my Hannah. They can be rock stars together. Hannah say's cleaning up is boring.
By
Kim, at January 19, 2009 at 6:48 PM
I pulled out the recycle bin last time Amelia went on a cutting spree and told her to cut right into it. She looked mortified that I would suggest she throw her precious project away:)
By
Shari, at January 19, 2009 at 6:57 PM
I am with Jacob- I want to be a rock star! Oh so cute- I love his thought process.
And these photos are stunning. Your daughter is the perfect model and I love that she is so patient and cooperative with her mama! So very sweet.
Thanks as always for taking the time for tidbits. Your tip on Flicker changed everything for me a few months back.
Hugs and stay warm
By
Kerry, at January 19, 2009 at 8:58 PM
Thanks for stopping by my blog!! Love yours! Your little model is stunning to say the least. Can't wait to try some of your tips! Nancy
By
Super Mommy, at January 19, 2009 at 9:32 PM
Thanks for the tip on enlarging photos. I look forward to trying it.
Your daughter is a sweetheart. It's hard for me to get mine to sit still for a photo. Half the time I have to be jumping up and down and calling their names to get them to look at me for a photo.
I love the pighting story! Very funny!
By
Sylvia, at January 20, 2009 at 12:05 AM
Oh Connie, thanks for the giggle! I think I want to be a rockstar when I grow up too! ;-)
Thanks for the flickr trip too. I have been wondering about that one for a while.
Thanks for your sweet note. I truly appreciated your thoughtfulness.
Hugs,
Sheryl
By
sheryl, at January 20, 2009 at 6:35 AM
The pictures of your beautiful daughter!!! Your kids are funny...I like the definition of a maid LOL
We have been freezing here in Chicago too...Is it almost spring?
By
Chasing Dreams Photography, at January 20, 2009 at 3:45 PM
Oh Connie it's so good to be back "home" at your website! I've missed your beautiful children's smiling faces! I love this post...it makes me smile. I can't wait for spring! I hope you are all staying warm and busy...we've had lots of Candyland around here too! ;) AND dress-up!
Love,
Laine
By
The Ferrill's, at January 20, 2009 at 4:16 PM
That is too funny that Jacob would like to be a rock star just to have a maid!
Chloe is so beautiful. I sure wish Linlee were as compliant about having her picture taken. :)
By
Colleen, at January 20, 2009 at 5:43 PM
so jealous over your model! Beautiful!
By
Carla, at January 20, 2009 at 7:03 PM
Gorgeous, dreamy photos of Chloe!! I love reading Caitlyn-speak. I have this cute little voice in my head when I read your words. And Chloe - where does she get these things? Too funny!!
By
Michelle R Photography, at January 20, 2009 at 9:16 PM
gorgeous photos, gorgeous model! we enjoy Bible stories too and the new favorite thing is Bible story acting out and charades.
By
Unknown, at January 21, 2009 at 10:31 AM
HI Connie,
Well, I did download picasa and now have no idea what to do with it:))
Love this photos, such a beautiful face!
Ivy
By
Ivy Shaffer, at January 21, 2009 at 12:59 PM
Beautiful!! Connie, i had to come over even though I am supposed to be on a break! But I wanted you to come see the last photo of bailey on todays post. Every time i look at it i think of your baby, Do you see the resemblance?? haha I just keep thinking of you all when I look at it!!
By
Sharon, at January 21, 2009 at 8:01 PM
your model is so gorgeous Connie!.....and I have to say that I love the large size too!!
By
Deb, at January 21, 2009 at 10:02 PM
she is so beautiful!!! I want to be a rockstar too!
By
LaLa, at January 21, 2009 at 10:12 PM
My goodness, this child is beautiful! I love the photos where she is looking away.
And the rockstar definition of maid is just too hilarious!!
By
Patricia, at January 22, 2009 at 10:09 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home