Tuesday, January 13, 2009

the bookstore

We went to the bookstore today. We have had issues with going to the bookstore ever since the dreaded shark incident. Caitlyn has cried every time we walk in and been clingy and asked to go home constantly. It is one of our favorite activities and that has made it difficult. We have not gone as often; but I have continued to try to take her so she could see the bookstore is pleasant. Today we had a breakthrough. She cried on the way in, but when we got inside, she found the dinosaurs and she had balls of fun and never asked to leave. She has been watching a few Land Before Time movies and so these were the perfect thing to help her forget her fears. Normally I would not let her make a mess in a store but this is a hands on type of bookstore and I felt it was helping her.

jan13092-000001

jan1309-000001

jan13093-000001


jan13098-000001

jan13091-000001

jan130978-000001

jan13099-000001



jan130977-000001
I also found Jacob some great Spectrum Little Critter 2nd gr work books. They are PERFECT for a little guy who loves Critter. They had reading, phonics, writing, and math. I endeavor to always keep learning as fun and interesting as I possibly can, because I want him to develop a love for learning. Chloe loves all of her daily work and will do as much as you put in front of her.
We enjoyed looking at all of the Valentine books and purchased a Fluffy the hampster Valentine book, of course The Little Critter Valentine book, as well as picked up a copy of The Tale of Despereaux to read aloud soon. We went to the movie not long ago and really enjoyed it. Caitlyn bought a long neck dinosaur to remember how fun the book store is and to keep her company while she watches The Land Before Time.

I wanted to share where I get alot of the girls bows. I have a friend that adopted from China at the same time we did that has a little shop. Her work is truly superior. I have strayed from her a couple of times only ultimately to be dissapointed with the quality. Also I don't have alot of time to create the bows on the website where it says create your own bow custom colors so I will just tell Kelly, I want pink and brown for example or lots of pinks etc... and she NEVER dissapoints! she makes the most beautiful creations. I think they are works of art;), she has all types of bows as well as beautiful jewelry. Some adoption related... check her out sometime:) Her prices are reasonable too!



A crystal garden

IMG_6168

pinkswirlstreamer

9 Comments:

  • Hi Connie
    Love the little critter:) Thanks for sharing the bow site--I am never sure about bows because I have not had luck--good to have a site now. Thank you too for sharing the where to go for blog help(changing the look)--I think that's why I haven't been updating as much--I feel out of season. I'm going to try. Thanks!

    By Blogger Michelle, at January 13, 2009 at 8:16 PM  

  • Connie - love the pictures from the library!

    Thanks for the link to the bows. The girls like wearing them too! But I can't find good ones around here - they both have tiny heads so I try not to get too big or I think it looks silly. All bow and no head - LOL!

    Love you - Jill

    By Blogger Unknown, at January 14, 2009 at 5:06 AM  

  • I LOVE Kelly's bows and will miss being able to buy them for Emma Jane when we leave:(

    I am glad that Caitlyn was a little more at peace this time. Poor little thing...

    Great books for Jacob too. They all seem very excited.

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at January 14, 2009 at 7:19 AM  

  • Awww... Thanks for the shout out! So glad you liked the bows.

    Erin loves the bookstore but we don't go often since we have tons of books and I can't get out of there without buying her another one.

    By Blogger A Crystal Garden, at January 14, 2009 at 8:50 AM  

  • A hands on bookstore, love it!!
    My girls love to go the bookstore,I'm so happy they have such a love for literature!
    I just love the picture of Caitlyn and the stuffed dinos all around her. ;)
    Thanks for posting about the bows, can't seem to find many up here in the north, when I go south I stock up..

    By Blogger kerri, at January 14, 2009 at 9:40 AM  

  • Connie, Your girls always have the most fabulous bows! Thanks for sharing. I also adore the boook store and Jane is old enough now that i think she may LOVE it too. I do not recall the shark incident?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at January 14, 2009 at 11:46 AM  

  • What wonderful pictures and layouts! It looks like they had a wonderful trip to the bookstore.

    I am glad Caitlan had a breakthrough.

    Lori W

    By Blogger Lori Lynn, at January 14, 2009 at 4:57 PM  

  • Such great shots that tell the story (But I am having trouble with a very slow download, I don't know if its just me!) So glad she feels a little better, I am still afraid of sharks!..and Glad jacob has a CRITTER! haha

    By Blogger Sharon, at January 14, 2009 at 8:53 PM  

  • Hi Connie!

    I am so glad that Caitlyn had a breakthrough and had a good experience at the book store!

    That sure looks like a fun book store....I love the pictures...especially the one with Caitlyn holding the dino on the table and her eyes are wide open with such a cute expression!!

    By Blogger day by day, at January 14, 2009 at 10:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older