
A few tidbits from the week:
Caitlyn wanted to go outside to play and I was not going out at that moment so I said "no, we will go out and play later. Miss Determined says, "yes my am. I'm going!" and begins to climb the door to unlock the top latch. I scoop her up and gasp at her behavior and hug her and tickle her and say "we will go out and play in a little while." She then gives me a frownie face and says, "I am not happy to you mommy."
Caitlyn has also been singing Jesus loves the Children and Jesus Loves Me all week. Instead of chanting as a toddler does she is trying to develop a singing voice and its so cute. She is attempting to hit notes and its precious to hear.
Chloe watched Andy Griffith with me one afternoon and it was an episode where Opie and his friend find a baby that a mother has abandoned at the police station. Opie and his friend decide to take care of the baby and not tell any grown ups, because they do not want it to end up in an orphanage like Oliver Twist. The wheels in Chloe's brain began turning and she decided if she found a baby, she too would hide it and keep it for herself and me. :) She daydreamed about how fun it would be to "find" a baby for some time. She would keep it in her tree house.
Daddy had a job this week working on the home of a family that also has adopted from China 2x. He came home all smiles today saying the babies allowed him to hold and play with them. He was lit up as a Christmas tree though he would never admit it. I am so thankful for the love he has for God's children. He is such a generous, kind man when it comes to the orphans of the world. I used to take it a bit for granted, but now I cherish the fact that he feels such compassion. 














24 Comments:
Great pictures, as usual. Your son has the most amazing eyes! I love the story about Chloe. I remember dreaming of finding a baby when I was little, too!
By
Cindy, at November 7, 2008 at 9:26 PM
Your pictures all tell a story - they are beautiful and the treasures are simply breathtaking!
Lots of love,
Jill
PS Ahhh reading!
By
Unknown, at November 7, 2008 at 10:23 PM
"I am not happy to you mommy" is just so precious. What a cutie. I can almost hear her talking through your words.
I agree with Cindy. I was going to comment on Jacob's big, beautiful eyes. So handsome.
By
Michelle R Photography, at November 7, 2008 at 10:31 PM
Connie the pictures of the kids are adorable and your husband sounds like a wonderful man....such a beautiful family you all are. Hugs and have a wonderful weekend my friend:)
By
my3 kids, at November 7, 2008 at 11:11 PM
That Caitlyn is a pistol!! Did you say "I"m not happy to you either?" LOL!!
By
Football and Fried Rice, at November 7, 2008 at 11:51 PM
You know, if I found a baby, I would want to keep him/her for myself too!
Such lovely pictures of your beautiful children. I always enjoy your outside pictures, but the library ones were really terrific. That was a fun backdrop.
By
Colleen, at November 8, 2008 at 12:49 AM
I just love the bookstore photos, who would have thought to take photos in a bookstore? They are wonderful!
By
redmaryjanes, at November 8, 2008 at 7:12 AM
I love Caitlyn (and my girls too) in brown....and black, pink, red, blue, yellow, orange....well, in any color. Ha. Chloe is such a blessing - what a heart, just like her Mommy and Daddy. Also in agreement with the crowd, Jacob's eyes beckon you to fall in love.
By
2China4Ayla, at November 8, 2008 at 9:22 AM
What a great post but even better... what a beautiful family!
By
Kim, at November 8, 2008 at 9:26 AM
Connie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
my these photos have taken my breath away!!!!
Please come to the UK to photograph mine pls : )
xxx
s
By
Shawnstribe, at November 8, 2008 at 5:25 PM
Seriously, can Caitlyn's dimples be any cuter???? Just precious!
I just adore Chloe's heart...just like her Mommy's.
And ohhhh how many times can I comment on Jacob's eyes......
Hey, maybe Dad will be thinking and dreaming of another baby! he he
I love you Connie, thank you for always praying for my family. You mean the world to me.
By
The Byrd's Nest, at November 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM
So adorable- every single picture!!! Loved seeing your sweet children!
By
Anonymous, at November 8, 2008 at 7:37 PM
Hey Connie!
I was just getting caught up with you and your beautiful treasures...man, I have missed SO many posts here!
Glad you are still enjoying life and spending lots of time outside!
I feel better now that I've seen all of your kiddos' sweet smiles!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, my friend!
By
Nikki, at November 8, 2008 at 8:39 PM
Being a teacher, I can honestly say that it warms my heart so much to see kids who love to read! I adore, just adore, the photos of the treasures in the book store. You are such a great mommy!
By
Missy, at November 9, 2008 at 12:32 AM
Oh how I love all the shots... I never tire of them... though I wonder if the kids tell you to put the camera away... hahahaha
Sorry I haven't stopped by in a while... it is my busy time at work.. then when I get a day off it is errands... still think of ya...
By
Fliss and Mike Adventures, at November 9, 2008 at 8:34 AM
Beautiful pics. Love the finding a baby story.
By
RamblingMother, at November 9, 2008 at 7:07 PM
Your husband sounds like a great daddy. I get excited when I meet other families with children from China too.
By
Ashley Winters, at November 10, 2008 at 4:33 PM
Just want to say thanks for all your help, I AM learning, all be it rather slowly.
I love your photos!!
Love Jules
xxx
By
De Lucchi Family Treasures, at November 10, 2008 at 5:32 PM
what a sweet story ... i too pray that i could find a baby on my door step ... sounds like it has been such a fun week for each of you ... as always i love your pictures ...
hoping to catch my breathe now that my lil baby is gone and check in on everyone more ...
By
Gwen Oatsvall , at November 10, 2008 at 8:11 PM
I have to admit that I've thought that I ever found a baby...I'd keep it, too! Ssshhhh!
The pictures at the book store are my favs.
Your kids are so darn cute!
Hugs,
Ohilda
By
Ohilda, at November 10, 2008 at 9:34 PM
darling.....what a fun challenge it must be to go out with all 3 Treasures......the first picture is my fav. ;)
By
Steffie B., at November 11, 2008 at 5:48 AM
Great story in this post. You take awesome pictures. I noticed that your Chloe has the same cupcake dress that my Chloe has. My Chloe has two cupcake dresses (long-sleeved & sleeveless) and she keeps asking me for another.
Lori W
By
Lori Lynn, at November 11, 2008 at 1:10 PM
The first picture is just priceless I hope you hung that one on the wall!!! You are such an incredible photographer.
By
Chasing Dreams Photography, at November 12, 2008 at 7:17 AM
The pics are beautiful! Your little treasures always melt my heart....
By
Jewels of My Heart, at November 19, 2008 at 9:36 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home