Thursday, July 3, 2008

Little Treasure

These are Caitlyn's favorite kind of pics. For Mommy just to follow her around and snap. I kind of like them best too. Its challenging to get just the right shot. I loved the ones of her holding a flower and I loved the ones of her standing beside the grasshopper. She was so still and taking the park in for a minute and was completely unaware I was taking her pic.
We had the best weather at the beginning of the week. Very cool mornings and we were able to enjoy the park and it was so wonderful.
Here is a question for the week
When you are at the park with your children say 3 and 4 especially, do you stay with them or go sit on a bench and let them play? I am just curious. I am a very hands on and right there obviously or I would not get all of these photos. But often other children will ask me to push them on the swings or help them down and I am wondering where their mommy is?



IMG_8205

IMG_8172

IMG_8204

IMG_8209

IMG_8211

IMG_8210

IMG_8192

IMG_8193

IMG_8171

38 Comments:

  • You are so talented. I love the photo's and how you scrap them!!!

    Caitlyn~ is beautiful!

    Have a very Happy Fourth~

    Krista @ Bits and Pieces

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at July 3, 2008 at 4:01 PM  

  • Yay! It IS working! Thanks, Connie!!

    Caitlyn is just so sweet and so, so beautiful!

    If the kids are not old enough to be able to get off the swings themselves...I would be right there with them. When they get old enough to do everything without help...I do not stay by their side.

    Well, I say that...but I usually get distracted talking to other moms and my kids have to call to me....so maybe I shouldn't talk. LOL!!

    By Blogger day by day, at July 3, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

  • Ummmmm....it is a must to play with them! Especially these days. I don't go to big crowded parks, they make me nervous...I think I watch too much Law & Order. We go to a park at an elementary school by our house. Jake & Jenna's Mom and I tease and call it "Our personal park". No one is ever there!!!

    I slide with them, climb through tunnels with them....which is really hard on my knees.

    Beautiful pics of a sweet little girl!

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at July 3, 2008 at 5:27 PM  

  • Great photos of your precious Caitlyn. I stay with my girls but it is always a challenge because they go seperate directions. I usually stay closest to Ayla because Livi is more independent...but I have my eyes on her always and am ready to help her across the monkey bars or push her in the swing, or go down the slides with them both. I see lots of moms enjoying books on the benches - I also end up pushing their children or helping them across the wabbly bridge. It is sort of sad to me because someday they will miss the fact they didn't stop and play with their babies. I think I have enjoyed each of my children more due to fertility issues. With Hannah I didn't know if I would have the chance of having any other child and with my little ones I am just so grateful I get to do it again. So I do not take it for granted. My house is usually not the cleanest, and sometimes our dinners are pretty sad but my babies will grow up and remember their Mommy and Daddy took time to play with them. Sorry this got so long....it is one of my soap box issues. :o) Hannah said today she was grateful for her little sisters because otherwise I would follow her to everything. LOL

    By Blogger 2China4Ayla, at July 3, 2008 at 6:43 PM  

  • Simple, yet beautiful photos.

    By Blogger Ashley Winters, at July 3, 2008 at 7:20 PM  

  • Love the pictures!!!! Caitlyn is adorable!!!

    I don't go and sit on a bench when I take the girls to the park. I am always right there with them. Especially on the big slides, I fear they will fall.

    By Blogger Chasing Dreams Photography, at July 3, 2008 at 7:42 PM  

  • Hmm... that's a toughie. I guess I usually let them go off; and with Carter, earlier than Cole because he had Cole to help him. My kids would never ask any one else's Mommy for help though!! I never take my eyes off of them! If it is a crowded park, I stay close for sure...Playing WITH them is always fun though!!

    Gorgeous pics of your "baby treasure"....

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at July 3, 2008 at 7:43 PM  

  • Great Pictures. I want to see mine at all times. Courtney is old enough that she goes by herself, but Brooke is to young.
    It is according to the park. A small park where I can see the whole play area I might would sit on a bench. If it is a Huge play area with lots of tunnels and I can't see Brooke then I am right there with her.

    By Blogger Denna, at July 3, 2008 at 8:01 PM  

  • Beautiful pictures of Caitlyn. I'm right there with them. Of course, Mia is only two, and I try to give Leila a little more space, but I'm with her, too. I'm the crazy Mom racing her kids down the slides. I'm also the one who's always losing because my hiney gets stuck in those tiny not-made-for-adult slides. (I only wish I were joking.) :-)

    By Blogger Michelle R Photography, at July 3, 2008 at 8:06 PM  

  • Beautiful Images :D

    OMG - we were just talking about this. I am a helicopter mom with Li Li, but getting better. Ian - well he is older and knows the rules -so he can go about his business and play. I tend to not go to the park with other moms and follow Li Li with camera in tow :D You know me - pictures!

    Ladybug hugs,
    ;D

    By Blogger Pixel Fairy Princess, at July 3, 2008 at 8:30 PM  

  • Love these...love the non-posed, natural look to these pictures and the colors are stunning. JiaLi is getting where she does not need me right near her all the time but I am very nearby so that if they need help, I am a step away. No sitting here and I know it's good to get them to pump there legs on swings, but I just love pushing the kids on the swing:) Especially now that JiaLi usually holds on;) When we are at the park, the kids play great with each other too which is a big help to Mommy. Just once in a while might need to prevent an outburst;)

    By Blogger Michelle, at July 3, 2008 at 9:24 PM  

  • Hey there Connie...great pictures of Caitlyn! I LOVE the one of her with the flower. So sweet and innocent.

    When Paige was Caitlyn's age, I usually would be with her simply because she didn't like to play without me. If you are in a safe place with few people, then I would enjoy watching your treasure/s from a bench and capture all of their natural interactions.

    Wonderful as always!

    By Blogger missy, at July 3, 2008 at 10:56 PM  

  • what beautiful pictures of Caitlyn. I am usually right close to my kids when at the park. I don't like to be too far but I do chat with other mom's from time to time. It's not very often that my children would have to ask someone else to help them down or push them unless it is someone we are with or myself or their daddy.

    By Blogger my3 kids, at July 3, 2008 at 11:03 PM  

  • Love the pictures of Caitlyn. I usually walk around with her. I did the same with the boys when they were small. As they got bigger, I couldn't keep up with them going in different directions. Ana Claire still likes to have me close. Yea!

    By Blogger Lisa, at July 3, 2008 at 11:46 PM  

  • Great pictures.....I love the last one...and I stay close by my children, only to step back to take a picture....

    You have a wonderful holiday too and I love your brown eyed little guy! *wink*

    By Blogger Steffie B., at July 4, 2008 at 7:26 AM  

  • What precious pictures of sweet Caitlyn!! She is so deep in thought beside the grasshopper!
    I was always right by Chelsi's side at the playground...or anywhere for that matter....which ..by the way...kept me running...because my little gal was NOT still for a single moment!
    I hope your family has a very precious 4th of July together!!!
    Love,
    Denise

    By Blogger Denise C, at July 4, 2008 at 7:39 AM  

  • Great Photos Mom!!! ;0)
    love,
    Keisha

    By Blogger Keisha, at July 4, 2008 at 9:19 AM  

  • Gorgeous pictures. ;)
    Have a wonderful 4th of July holiday.

    By Blogger kerri, at July 4, 2008 at 12:05 PM  

  • Beautiful pictures of Caitlyn!
    I always stay with Hannah at the park. I figure she'll be old enough too soon to play more by herself. I enjoy it as much as she does and wouldn't want to miss out on the fun. I would feel too much like a spectator on the bench. :)

    By Blogger Linette, at July 4, 2008 at 12:46 PM  

  • I stay right beside gracie too. I find that I also have kids striling up conversations with me and asking me to "catch them", etc... It does make you wonder...She is sure precious!

    By Blogger Nicole, at July 4, 2008 at 2:58 PM  

  • As always... great photos... happy 4th to you all... take care

    By Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures, at July 4, 2008 at 6:18 PM  

  • Great, great pictures!
    The flower ones are my fav's.

    And, I'm right there with Lily at the park...no sittin' down for this momma!

    By Blogger Nikki, at July 4, 2008 at 9:55 PM  

  • soooo precious!!!!!!!
    xxx
    s

    By Blogger Shawnstribe, at July 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

  • Having 3 very active boys I have to be up and running on the play ground. Someone is always wanting a push on the swing, a lift on the monkey bars or for me to watch them at some big feat! So I would say to sit down and relax at the playground is not happening for me. Besides, like you, I like playing with them and snapping photos of the boys in action.

    By Blogger Meredith, at July 5, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

  • Connie, do you mind me asking.....do you do blog make overs for girls like me who cant do it for themselves?
    i hope i havent offended you by asking
    xxx
    s

    By Blogger Shawnstribe, at July 5, 2008 at 11:06 AM  

  • Hi Connie! I've got to go back and do catch up on your posts and pics! I love these park pictures...so pretty! Sit down at the park? If I do, it's certainly not for long! ;)
    Hope we can get together soon!

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at July 5, 2008 at 6:06 PM  

  • Fantastic shots! I love Caitlyn's shirt too!
    I like for my kids to be independent to a point. If I think they should do something on their own I let them but I'm always right nearby in case they need me.

    ~Lynn

    By Blogger Somewhere In The Sun, at July 5, 2008 at 9:14 PM  

  • You are SOOOO talented!!! BEAUTIFUL pictures!!! =)

    By Blogger Ashton, at July 6, 2008 at 7:33 AM  

  • Absolutely gorgeous pictures (of your gorgeous daughter)!

    Linlee is only three, so I pretty much follow her around the playground. Like you mentioned, she often needs help getting on or off something and I worry about her falling. I don't know at what age I will feel comfortable sitting on a bench and watching her play from afar.

    By Blogger Colleen, at July 6, 2008 at 12:10 PM  

  • You are so lucky that you have a daughter that wants you to follow her around and snap photos. Fun! Like I have said before my boys run and hide when they see me coming with my camera.

    By Blogger Our Two Blessings From Above, at July 6, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

  • Connie,

    You really have an amazing talent for photography. I know you subjects are adorable, but wow..your pictures are ALWAYS breathtaking.

    As to the park question, I always follow them around and try and keep all 3 in the same play area (all @ the swings, slide, etc.). I'm a real overprotective Mama, and like Kim, get real nervous about them being kidnapped.

    Hugs,

    Ohilda

    PS I'm loving listening to the CD! Thank you, again!

    By Blogger Ohilda, at July 6, 2008 at 9:34 PM  

  • I just love coming to visit your blog. I always find myself smiling at your beautiful children and your photography skills.

    I generally stay right with Oakley -- okay, she pretty much demands it. But my boys .... they go, go, go and I have a hard time keeping up with my 8-year-old.

    I'm still pretty protective and I don't let them out of my sight. It's a scary world out there, and besides, I don't want to miss them doing something grand!!:)

    By Blogger Jana, at July 6, 2008 at 9:36 PM  

  • Oh Connie - these are beautiful. I am a hands on, right there Mommy (I don't sit much. period.) My children are also little, Em is six now and Hannah is two, so they both like me to be there, for now. Hoping that doesn't change anytime soon;)

    Caitlyn is a vision, truly. How do I get Hannah to smile for me in pictures???? It will come with time, right?

    Have a blessed week.
    Love,
    Heather

    By Blogger Heather, at July 7, 2008 at 1:03 AM  

  • lovely!

    I'm in the middle...I let her go off (none of the playgrounds we frequent are very big). And I am available for help if needed (she's *almost* always in my direct line of vision). Kind of depends on the situation, too. In a new place, I stay closer.

    I like talking to other moms, too, but have been known to look at a magazine or talk on my phone : )))

    By Blogger Unknown, at July 7, 2008 at 5:32 AM  

  • GREAT pictures. I follow my kids around and I can not sit still on the bench. I push them and other kids when they ask. I look around and some MOMS are on the bench reading or chatting or talking on their cell phones so I push their kids and help their kids down off slides. I often do not fit in with the MOMS here as I have a hard time just CHILLIN as I have been told by MOMMY'S of some of the play groups I use to go to. So yes I follow my kiddos around while they are playing or doing whatever I do not sit on the bench. At this point in their LIFE and my life I think that HANDS on is what is needed! GREAT QUESTION!

    By Blogger Tam, at July 7, 2008 at 1:29 PM  

  • ok, so here is a thought ... whenever we go to Ethiopia (prob. a couple of years away) ... you bring your bunch down to my house and stay w/ us and just take pictures for a week ... you are amazing ... you capture the very essence of your children ... i just adore it !!!! DO WE HAVE A DEAL .... hee hee ... we can pool it, zoo it, and just hang out ...

    By Blogger Gwen Oatsvall , at July 7, 2008 at 6:34 PM  

  • Always right there, playing and pushing the swing or merry-go-round. And helping other children. They tell you when they are ready to just be watched but then it's alot of 'Watch me!'--'Watch this!'-- 'See me, Mom!'--'Look at me!' If they are too young to go to the park alone, they deserve your full attention while they are there. It really is a scarey world and for so many reasons. You are being a good Mommy- a responsible parent.
    Again, the kids are beautiful and your scrapping is flawless.

    By Blogger Linda ★ Parker's General, at July 9, 2008 at 11:37 PM  

  • soooooo beautiful................
    especially when they are that little I am RIGHT there!

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at July 10, 2008 at 1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older