Caitlyn pics & a favorite book
Here are a few I took of Caitlyn in her dance "cwass" costumes as well. She doesn't actually go to dance yet, but insists upon dressing up whenever Chloe is. She does not play with many toys but loves to play dressup almost everyday.
This week the kids have been reading Flap Your Wings. We have all loved it. Its the sweetest story about a little boy who finds an egg along a path. He decides to put it in an empty nest that he sees in a tree, assuming that's where it belongs. When Mrs. and Mr. Bird arrived home they are surprised, but Mr. Byrd says if its in our nest, its our egg. They sit on it until it hatches and Mrs. Bird says it does not look like it could be our baby (its a baby alligator) Mr. Bird says it does not matter what he looks like, he is hungry, he is our baby and we must feed him. They feed him and feed him. One day Mrs. Bird says he is getting big enough to leave, they attempt to teach him to fly. He tries and falls down down down, into the stream below. He of course is happy. Mrs. Bird says, you know, I don't think he was our baby. Mr. Bird says it doesn't matter, just look how happy he is.
I LOVE MR. BIRD :) He is such a great daddy. We have read it everyday this week. They both read it aloud to me everyday. I loved how it related to adoption.



Tin Man frozen and needing oiled.




This week the kids have been reading Flap Your Wings. We have all loved it. Its the sweetest story about a little boy who finds an egg along a path. He decides to put it in an empty nest that he sees in a tree, assuming that's where it belongs. When Mrs. and Mr. Bird arrived home they are surprised, but Mr. Byrd says if its in our nest, its our egg. They sit on it until it hatches and Mrs. Bird says it does not look like it could be our baby (its a baby alligator) Mr. Bird says it does not matter what he looks like, he is hungry, he is our baby and we must feed him. They feed him and feed him. One day Mrs. Bird says he is getting big enough to leave, they attempt to teach him to fly. He tries and falls down down down, into the stream below. He of course is happy. Mrs. Bird says, you know, I don't think he was our baby. Mr. Bird says it doesn't matter, just look how happy he is.
I LOVE MR. BIRD :) He is such a great daddy. We have read it everyday this week. They both read it aloud to me everyday. I loved how it related to adoption.



Tin Man frozen and needing oiled.






41 Comments:
wonderful pictures as always!!! She looks adorable in her costumes!! Sweet book as well:)
By
Melanie, at March 9, 2008 at 1:24 PM
I love it when her smile spreads all over her face!
That sounds like a great book, I will have to check it out!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at March 9, 2008 at 2:04 PM
I love the B&W photos!
By
polkadot, at March 9, 2008 at 2:51 PM
So very beautiful--the tin man ,precious.
Your techniquea are enviable. I wish I could get a grip on the process. I got photoshop elements for Christmas and it is downloaded to my computer. There was no booklet or tutorial. Any suggestions?
By
Linda ★ Parker's General, at March 9, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Precious pictures, COnnie! Sweet little Caitlin in her dance cwass costumes is absolutely adorable!
Now, that book sounds so darling! I must get it!
Sweet blessings to you my friend!
By
Denise C, at March 9, 2008 at 4:48 PM
beautiful pictures...(like melanie said) as always....what precious pictures and I ♥ black and white
By
Gracie, at March 9, 2008 at 5:29 PM
those are great!
love the tin man =]
By
Ally, big sister to Lillyana, at March 9, 2008 at 5:32 PM
She is just all joy and sunshine. What a cutie pie.
By
2China4Ayla, at March 9, 2008 at 7:30 PM
When Caitlyn smiles her face lights up, she smiles with her eyes!!
The pictures are beautiful!!
The book sounds wonderful.
By
kerri, at March 9, 2008 at 7:38 PM
How beautiful!!! Tutus and tin man. So cute! That sounds like a great book. I think we'll check it out.
By
Michelle R Photography, at March 9, 2008 at 7:50 PM
Your pictures are so beautiful!!! I ordered the software to scrap with that you recommended a while back but I can't get it to work...I may have some questions for you if that's ok? I am in awe of your scrapbook pages.
thanks for stopping by the nuthouse! I hope my pictures can look half as good as yours.
By
Chasing Dreams Photography, at March 9, 2008 at 10:14 PM
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Sonya, at March 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM
OH SOOOOOOO CUTE!
By
Sonya, at March 9, 2008 at 10:47 PM
That Tin Man Costume is the best.....just darling....great pictures. ;)
By
Steffie B., at March 9, 2008 at 11:00 PM
Ciatlyn...you are a beautiful ballerina!!
That sounds like a very special book...thanks for sharing it with us!
By
day by day, at March 9, 2008 at 11:24 PM
I love the frozen tin man. She is a cutie!!! And of course you take great pictures I think I just need to spend a week with you and learn all your tricks.
By
Cyndi, at March 9, 2008 at 11:35 PM
Great pictures and beautiful little dancer. The book sounds so sweet. Ethan tends to pick all our books out and I am getting a bit tired of Power Rangers. :o)
By
A Crystal Garden, at March 10, 2008 at 7:56 AM
She looks just like a professional:) Love all the photos--so precious! There is just something about that Tin Man costume that melts the heart. I will definitely have to get that book--it sounds wonderful! Thanks for posting about it:)
By
Michelle, at March 10, 2008 at 8:10 AM
Could she get any cuter? You are such a fabulous photographer! :)
By
~Amy~, at March 10, 2008 at 10:08 AM
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful..... Her smile warms my heart!
What a wonderful book.... I need to get that one for my sweetings.
By
Jewels of My Heart, at March 10, 2008 at 10:42 AM
Sweet, sweet ,sweet! She is another one with a BIG personality!! Can you describe it for me???
By
Sharon, at March 10, 2008 at 11:14 AM
Caitlyn - Cuteness!! I am headed to amazon right now to check out that book!! Add it to my wishlist!
By
Football and Fried Rice, at March 10, 2008 at 12:01 PM
Such beautiful photos of Caitlyn. I know she'll be excited to dance, too. She is just gorgeous.
By
missy, at March 10, 2008 at 3:30 PM
Oh Connie how precious! She is the cutest little tin man...wouldn't it be fun for her and Kimmie to dance together in the fall? ;)
That book sounds so special, I will have to keep an eye out for it! I "by chance" came across the sweetest Little Golden Book called "A Blessing From Above" that sounds much like this book you have. It's about a momma bird w/ a nest full of eggs and one hatches and falls out into the arms of a momma kangaroo who has been longing for a baby. VERY sweet! And at the end is the verse about how we are all adopted as children of God (Eph. 1:5)
Thanks for sharing!
Love,
Laine
By
The Ferrill's, at March 10, 2008 at 3:49 PM
So Sweet!! The book sounds good...I'll have to look for it.
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at March 10, 2008 at 6:18 PM
Cute pictures, and what a sweet book. I'll have to look for that one.
By
jennifer, at March 10, 2008 at 8:19 PM
I love these pictures!! What a little doll to work with too!!
Ok, I'm going to have to get that book. Have you read A Mother for Choco? If not, I reccommend it.
By
Mommy Spice, at March 10, 2008 at 9:17 PM
I love the pictures once again!
The black and white one is adorable!
By
Jennifer, at March 10, 2008 at 10:05 PM
That sounds like a really good book. Love the tin man outfit, my older daughter was a tapping tin person when she was that age.
By
Paula, at March 10, 2008 at 10:26 PM
Beautiful! It looks like she is ready for "cwass".
By
Nicole, at March 10, 2008 at 10:31 PM
Beautiful Pictures. Just wanted to let you know we are going to the zoo March 18, if you want to meet us. Spread the word to the other Birmingham bloggers.
By
Denna, at March 10, 2008 at 10:47 PM
Beautiful!!
LOVE IT!
I've got to go find that book too! ;0)
Love,
Keisha
By
Keisha, at March 11, 2008 at 6:53 AM
She is quite the beautiful performer!!!
Thanks for sharing a book that's kid tested and approved. Just one of the many ways I learn from you.
Hugs,
Lisa
By
Don and Lisa Osborn, at March 11, 2008 at 12:14 PM
Oh, those photos just melt me and kind of make my heart sad. I can't wait until our little dancer is here.
Gorgeous photos as always. And what a wonderful little tin wo(man).
By
redmaryjanes, at March 11, 2008 at 12:19 PM
she is so beautiful! the photos are breathtaking : ))
By
Unknown, at March 11, 2008 at 3:24 PM
Beautiful, as always! That smile just warms my heart! Thanks for sharing!
Monica
By
The Princess's Mommy, at March 11, 2008 at 6:11 PM
What a lovely little dancer you have! I needed that smile today. Really. This came at the right time for me. Thank you!
Beth
Jeremiah 31:4 "...Again you will take up your tambourines and go out to dance with the joyful."
By
Beth, at March 11, 2008 at 10:14 PM
Super adorable! She is so photogenic!
By
junglemama, at March 12, 2008 at 12:19 AM
have a good day with the treasures....
By
Steffie B., at March 12, 2008 at 5:34 AM
Amazing photos! I love B&W photos too. They are timeless.
By
Ashley Winters, at March 12, 2008 at 6:44 AM
These pictures are just precious. What a cute tin man outfit! Thanks for sharing about the book -- sounds like a great one.
By
Sheri, at March 12, 2008 at 5:17 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home