best buddies and books









Jacob and Chloe are truly best buddies. I love watching them play and giggle and grow up together. They are 7 months apart and I love that they are so close in age. We went to the book store this week, we haven't been this year. They loved choosing a few books. Jacob loves to read his books to Allie, its so sweet. Caitlyn still is only interested in Good Night Moon. Her favorite book and the only one she wants to read. When Jacob and Chloe came home they really slept very well and loved their cribs. Caitlyn was a bit older and it took a little time for her to feel secure in her crib. One thing I would do is read Good Night Moon and lay her down and then all through the night she would call or cry out for the first yr home, I would go in and comfort her by saying the words of the story softly. Here is an older pic of her with her book.
Have a wonderful weekend, I think it might be too cold to venture out to a park again :( We will see. I am so ready for Spring!!!!!
Next week I want to post a couple of pics of the girls in their dancing attire. Chloe received her costumes for the upcoming recital and the Tin Man is way more darling than I imagined. The girls were upstairs playing and suddenly they brought Caitlyn down in it and she was SOO cute.:) Now that I have blogged about it I will make myself take the time to do the pics ;) I have told myself everyday to do it and gotten too busy. We are off to lunch. I leave you with a verse about friendship its on my mind heavily this week. I am so grateful for my blog friends. I look so forward to your comments and reading your blogs to see what is going on with you.
This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, than to lay down one’s life for his friends. You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you. John 15:12-15 New King James Version Bible
Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, one will lift up his companion. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up.Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 New King James Version




33 Comments:
Even your fur-kid is adorable! What special special pictures of children who have an extraordinary relationship, no doubt because what Mom, Dad and God are doing in their lives. They will always be thankful to have others to lean on in this world, it is a gift.
Those pics of your little one, her hair!! Her hair is gorgeous!
It is always such a treat to come here and see the beauty that is your treasures...
Heather
By
Heather, at February 29, 2008 at 11:40 AM
That is so great that they are so close in age--our guys are 2 years apart which is close enough to still be best buddies--I love it:) Can't wait to see the dance outfits!!!
Thanks for your ending on this post--I read it 3 times and just love what it says--when I went through that thing back in December, your simple e-mail to me lifted my spirits so much!! You have a great weekend too!
By
Michelle, at February 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM
When I open your site I always feel like I am opening a photographer's portfolio.
The pictures are breathtaking, you present them like an artist and your children are beautiful.
If that's not enough to tickle my fancy you go and inspire my spirits with your words, I am so delighted evertime I visit.
Thank you.
By
kerri, at February 29, 2008 at 12:08 PM
your photos just get better every day. cannon xti, right?
By
polkadot, at February 29, 2008 at 12:38 PM
Beautiful verse! I am so grateful for YOU!!
I thought you did such a great job with your son's photos and the 'boy' surrounds.
We read Good night moon too but the one that I thought I'd die if i had to read one more time (even though i loved it) was "are you my Mother?"
By
Sharon, at February 29, 2008 at 12:58 PM
Such breathtaking photos! I can see the special bond between your son and daughter. They are so gorgeous.
I definitely cannot wait to see the dance outfits!!!
By
missy, at February 29, 2008 at 1:15 PM
What sweet pics of your sweet kids : )I love seeing the two of them together.
Isn't it funny how they love to read the same book over and over....
Have a wonderful weekend!
By
LaLa, at February 29, 2008 at 1:56 PM
I always love to read about Jacob and Chloe's relationship because it is how I would dream my little girls to be. I am watching them blossom into best friends and it is as precious as the pictures of your two best buddies.
By
2China4Ayla, at February 29, 2008 at 2:34 PM
Awww too cute.
beverly
By
RamblingMother, at February 29, 2008 at 3:58 PM
I love the pictures of Jacob & Chloe - your Gorgeous Guatemalans!! What a blessing to have them so close in age. We went through our Good Night Moon phase too! I couldn't wait until that kid could read something else!!! But the book IS a classic:)
By
Football and Fried Rice, at February 29, 2008 at 4:10 PM
I am just so taken with Jacob. He is just so handsome. The girls are beautiful too....I think it is his eyes.....they capture my attention in every picture.
Sophia's favorite book was GNM for a long time as well. Reading is so good for the children.
You have a wonderful weekend....I am so hoping if Gwen has a blogger party in TN this summer that you will be able to attend. I would really enjoy meeting you. ;)
Take care,
S*
By
Steffie B., at February 29, 2008 at 4:13 PM
Hello...
I was steered toward your blog by another blogger that was talking about your photography skills. She was right on!! You take beautiful pictures!!
I love your blog. It's awesome!!
I will visit again...when I can stay and read some more.
Jennifer
from TN
By
Jennifer, at February 29, 2008 at 4:14 PM
amen sister ... i have felt lifted up by friends so much over the last few months ... the pictures are great of course ... i am ready for sunshine here ... don't like the cold ... i am an outdoor girl ... hugs to you friend!!!
By
Gwen Oatsvall , at February 29, 2008 at 4:37 PM
Great pictures, I love to see them together, they seem to be so close. I hope this won't ever change.
I love the black and white picture, it's really really beautiful, you should frame it:)
By
Melanie, at February 29, 2008 at 5:23 PM
Oh yes, yes, great verses! I love all my blog friends for lifting me up . All of your words lift me up everytime you post!
I love your family...I absolutely could get lost in little Jacob's eyes Wow! just stunning...Chloe is always looking as sweet as an angle...and that little Caitlyn, I could just eat her up...georgous hair!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at February 29, 2008 at 6:48 PM
I love that second picture of Jacob and those big brown eyes. Just beautiful.
By
jennifer, at February 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM
Beautiful post. I echo every word in Kerri's comment.
p.s. I can't wait to see the Tin Man!
By
Michelle R Photography, at February 29, 2008 at 9:38 PM
It really shows in the pictures that Jacob and Chloe are best friends! What a special relationship they share. I love the B&W photo of the two of them together. And Jacob's eyes are truly stunning! Your children are all beautiful!
Thanks so much for sharing those verses!
Have a great week-end!!
By
day by day, at February 29, 2008 at 10:10 PM
I love the pictures. So precious!! You would enjoy the weather here. IT's been very springlike.
By
Mommy Spice, at February 29, 2008 at 11:00 PM
Beautiful pictures, Connie. Jacob's eyes are truly striking. Gracie loves Goodnight Moon too. we read it all the time when she was younger.
By
Nicole, at February 29, 2008 at 11:08 PM
Wow. Your photography. Wow!!! I know your children are super adorable anyway, but your camera just makes them unbelievable!!! Great job shooting!!
His,
Mrs. U
By
Mrs. U, at February 29, 2008 at 11:13 PM
I am new to the blog world and I am really enjoying getting to know all the wonderful and inspiring people out there. Your children are beautiful.
Have a great weekend.
Lauren
By
Young Creations, at March 1, 2008 at 12:18 AM
Those sweet smiles outshine the sun. I love that they are best buddies.... a precious relationship indeed.
By
Jewels of My Heart, at March 1, 2008 at 9:06 AM
Beautiful pictures as always!!! Precious little darlings!! Love that they treasure their relationship!!! You are so blessed!!!
Have a wonderful weekend!!!
By
Denise C, at March 1, 2008 at 10:14 AM
Your love for your children is so obvious!
Do you guys homeschool? We do--some of what you said led me to think you might, too. Love hearing about the books!
susan
By
LucisMomma, at March 1, 2008 at 10:37 AM
Total sweetness, as always!
I didn't realize Chloe and Jacob were only 7 months apart - that is incredible! Their love for each other is so obvious.
Also adore the older pics of Caitlyn...what a doll baby.
And I am also thankful for your sweet friendship.
XO
By
Nikki, at March 1, 2008 at 10:21 PM
great Bible verses.
Good night moon is the favorite around our house right now. That is so cool that brother and sister are so close in age.
By
Paula, at March 2, 2008 at 12:53 AM
Cute pictures! I loved the verse, thanks for sharing.
Goodnight Moon is such a neat book. Malia loves it too and it is one that she picks out often to read before bed!
By
Jeff and Valerie, at March 2, 2008 at 4:49 PM
Oh Connie I have enjoyed catching up on your blog. Thank you for sharing the verses about friendship. I have so appreciated the prayers of our blogging buddies!
These pics are adorable. I forgot that Chloe and Jacob are 7 mos. apart, just like K & Q! These pics give me hope that they will be best buds!
Can't wait to see Chloe in her costume! We will be in both recitals so we will definitely get to see yall! ;)
Love,
Laine
By
The Ferrill's, at March 2, 2008 at 7:26 PM
Cute, cute, cute! Your photos look so crisp and clear! Love it.
By
Annette, at March 2, 2008 at 8:00 PM
Love your pictures. I came across your blog from another blog. Your blog is great! I was reading about adoption and you talking about the awareness of your children being adopted. I birthed my two boys but my husband is Korean and I get asked lots if I adopted my kids when I am out alone with them. Anyway I just wanted to share that! Have a great and blessed WEEK! Your children are beautiful!
By
Tam, at March 2, 2008 at 11:36 PM
A simply beautiful post--not just because of your amazing pictures but also (and especially) because of your thoughts and the verses you shared.
Hugs,
Lisa
By
Don and Lisa Osborn, at March 3, 2008 at 8:25 AM
Awww Connie you are always so inspiring! I love the scripture you shared.
Jacob's eyes are so incredibly beautiful. I get lost in them.
You know, I had a great time with Debbie but I was actually quite ill (stomach bug--no food since Thursday night). Unfortuantely, I was too sick to learn much. I'll e-mail you soon.
KIm
By
3 Peanuts, at March 3, 2008 at 12:12 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home