Happy Birthday Caitlyn
My girl is the big 3 this week. She is our little Hunan Spicy Darling and we love her to the moon and back. I am going to share a few pics of her that are favorites that are in no particular order, just favorites that I treasure.
As I look back through these pictures I see she has grown SO much! She still is very much our baby though. She sleeps in her crib, still loves it, she has the sweetest baby talk you will ever hear; she loves her pacifier and her blankie at bedtime. She loves Chloe. When she wakes in the morning and from nap time, she asks where daddy is first (of course) then where is Coe, I need her.
She loves her mama too, I think she is very secure in her love for me. I have watched her go from the first year of crying at night when she needed me, with fear; to now- mama I need you- with such confidence that mama will come. She sometimes sleeps through the night, she sometimes calls me a few times for various things from cover her up, she lost her pacifier, she needs a tissue, she needs a hug.
Caitlyn loves outside, she loves freedom, she loves to run at full speed, play, climb, giggle, she is happiest outdoors. She loves sunshine, warm weather, loves to hike in the woods, loves to play on the playground, loves to swim, loves to ride her riding toys, loves ANYTHING to do with outdoor fun. Inside she feels the need to find things to get into, to have something to do, toys just are not exciting enough, and do not keep her attention span at all. Just this week I found her cutting her bangs. Mind you the scissors were not left out, she had went into the bathroom climbed up on the counter, swung the cabinet open that is beside the counter, reached up HIGH to get them. I walk in and she says haircut mama, haircut. Out of all 4 she is my only one to cut her hair. It isn't too bad, only mama and daddy know where the bald spot is. If we are indoors a full day there is always a mess or 2 to clean up and there is also constant reminding that we don't climb on counters. Our little monkey whom we adore...I sit with a smile as I think of her many messes... My busy little monkey...
She is our little helper. I do it, we hear all the time. She will now fold an ENTIRE load of clothes all alone. She loves it and is so proud of herself, telling me to go, she will do it.
She is our Princess. She loves to dance, loves to dress up. As I sit and think of her now, I just see her so full of life, so full of joy.
Happy Birthday to my sweet little pumpkin, my little Toot, I often call her. I love you Catie bug... You make my heart smile and you are my ray of sunshine every day. A true gift straight from Heaven. How honored your daddy and I are that we were chosen to be your parents. You are our treasure... a pearl of great price. How blessed we are for you to be our daughter.
These are all pics from Caitlyn's first year with us. I will post 2 yr old pics next.
Caitlyn's first night home. She had just arrived and Jacob and Chloe were ready to introduce her to every toy we had. I always smile when I see how happy they were to have her home at last. It felt so good to have our dream fullfilled. Our little China treasure home from so far away...










As I look back through these pictures I see she has grown SO much! She still is very much our baby though. She sleeps in her crib, still loves it, she has the sweetest baby talk you will ever hear; she loves her pacifier and her blankie at bedtime. She loves Chloe. When she wakes in the morning and from nap time, she asks where daddy is first (of course) then where is Coe, I need her.
She loves her mama too, I think she is very secure in her love for me. I have watched her go from the first year of crying at night when she needed me, with fear; to now- mama I need you- with such confidence that mama will come. She sometimes sleeps through the night, she sometimes calls me a few times for various things from cover her up, she lost her pacifier, she needs a tissue, she needs a hug.
Caitlyn loves outside, she loves freedom, she loves to run at full speed, play, climb, giggle, she is happiest outdoors. She loves sunshine, warm weather, loves to hike in the woods, loves to play on the playground, loves to swim, loves to ride her riding toys, loves ANYTHING to do with outdoor fun. Inside she feels the need to find things to get into, to have something to do, toys just are not exciting enough, and do not keep her attention span at all. Just this week I found her cutting her bangs. Mind you the scissors were not left out, she had went into the bathroom climbed up on the counter, swung the cabinet open that is beside the counter, reached up HIGH to get them. I walk in and she says haircut mama, haircut. Out of all 4 she is my only one to cut her hair. It isn't too bad, only mama and daddy know where the bald spot is. If we are indoors a full day there is always a mess or 2 to clean up and there is also constant reminding that we don't climb on counters. Our little monkey whom we adore...I sit with a smile as I think of her many messes... My busy little monkey...
She is our little helper. I do it, we hear all the time. She will now fold an ENTIRE load of clothes all alone. She loves it and is so proud of herself, telling me to go, she will do it.
She is our Princess. She loves to dance, loves to dress up. As I sit and think of her now, I just see her so full of life, so full of joy.
Happy Birthday to my sweet little pumpkin, my little Toot, I often call her. I love you Catie bug... You make my heart smile and you are my ray of sunshine every day. A true gift straight from Heaven. How honored your daddy and I are that we were chosen to be your parents. You are our treasure... a pearl of great price. How blessed we are for you to be our daughter.
These are all pics from Caitlyn's first year with us. I will post 2 yr old pics next.
Caitlyn's first night home. She had just arrived and Jacob and Chloe were ready to introduce her to every toy we had. I always smile when I see how happy they were to have her home at last. It felt so good to have our dream fullfilled. Our little China treasure home from so far away...











27 Comments:
Aw, your sweet baby girl is THREE!
Happy birthday to you Caitlyn!
I hope you all have a wonderful day together doing all the things that Caitlyn loves best...
The pictures are absolutely wonderful. I found myself scrolling down saying "AWWWW" over and over again.
Big hugs to you, momma! This is a big day!
By
Nikki, at December 8, 2007 at 9:24 AM
Happy birthday to your sweet girl! Love this post--she has grown so much--can't wait to see the next post:) You take the best pictures:)
By
Michelle, at December 8, 2007 at 1:10 PM
Most of that sounded like my little Lottie. Lottie tells me several times at night, "I loves you Mommy, don't never leaves me Mommy"....talk about a heartbreaker!
I love the picture on the stairs and especially the one of her sitting in your lap.
I scrolled them a couple of times also! I love to watch them grow!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at December 8, 2007 at 1:50 PM
Happy Birthday Caitlyn!!! Wow, she's grown so much! I enjoyed the pictures very much, they're great! Time flies. Looking forward to the next post!
By
Sophie's Mom, at December 8, 2007 at 3:12 PM
Happy birthday Caitlyn.
The photos and memories are beautiful, love the one sitting on the stairs and with you Mommy(we don't get shots of you often!!)
I just love your description of your little "monkey". It must be a monkey thing,the climbing,the curiousity, the adventurous side and cuteness!!!!!
Thanks for sharing with us on the special occasion.
By
kerri, at December 8, 2007 at 3:15 PM
HAPPY 3rd BIRTHDAY CAITLYN!!! Time really flies! I remember a couple of those pictures from our adoption group! She is adorable! They all are!
By
Nicole, at December 8, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Happy Birthday Caitlyn!!!
By
Denna, at December 8, 2007 at 3:47 PM
Beautiful post about your perfect treasure. Love all the pictures, but love the little toot more! She is definitely precious!
By
2China4Ayla, at December 8, 2007 at 8:20 PM
Happy Birthday Caitlyn! Three is such a wonderful magical age. I love her pictures! She was just so darn cute in each and every one!
~Lynn
By
Somewhere In The Sun, at December 8, 2007 at 9:47 PM
What a sweet post in honor of your little "toot's" 3rd birthday! I love how you described her as your little monkey. She seems to be a treasure that her momma definitely treasures!
What sweet love!
Oh, and my 4th child cut her own hair. None of my others ever did. Then Carlie came along with her red curls and SNIP...no more curls. She was 2 or 3, I'd have to look back.
Must be something about that 4th child! :)
By
The Ferrill's, at December 8, 2007 at 10:05 PM
Such a beautiful post! Happy Birthday Caitlyn!! I loved seeing pictures of Caitlyn's first year home and look forward to seeing more.
Your Hunan spicy girl sounds sooo much like mine, who also just turned 3. I think they would get along so well and get into lots of trouble together. : )
I am not sure if you read my blog post a few months back titled "Sophie and Ella get haircuts". That was the work of Ella! I was horrified because we are so anxious for Sophie's hair to grow in and my spicy girl is giving haircuts. : )
On the plus side...any childrens classes/activities she attends-the teachers can not believe how good she is with scissiors. I just laugh when they tell me that. She gives herself lots of practice!
Thanks so much for sharing all about your sweet girl with us!!
By
day by day, at December 8, 2007 at 11:54 PM
Look how she has grown....beautiful pictures. I can't even pick a favorite! ;)
Hope you all enjoyed the big day.....hugs to you all!
By
Steffie B., at December 9, 2007 at 6:32 AM
Happy Birthday, Caitlyn! It looks like you have had such a fun year with your family.
By
Jodee, at December 9, 2007 at 8:10 AM
Happy Birthday Caitlyn! I love all the photos from the past. She has grown so much. She is a precious little treasure. She sounds like she has brought so much joy and SPICE to your life.
By
Lisa, at December 9, 2007 at 12:50 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, Happy Birthday sweet Caitlyn... She is so beautiful. Her special birthday blog looks darling and her special post is so very sweet.
Love all the pics.
By
Jewels of My Heart, at December 9, 2007 at 1:41 PM
Happy Birthday, Caitlyn!!!
I didn't know she's from Hunan--Lindy is, too--from Changsha. She is spicy with a capital S!!!
I enjoyed reading about your fourth treasure.
God bless,
Lisa
By
Don and Lisa Osborn, at December 9, 2007 at 4:26 PM
Awww that was such a sweet post! Happy Birthday Caitlyn! Wow three already, time goes by so fast! The pictures are absolutely precious :)
By
Holly, at December 9, 2007 at 4:50 PM
Three!! Happy Birthday Caitlyn! You are so precious! Connie I love all the pictures...especially the one of Caitlyn in your lap. While reading your post I had to smile at your hearts beautiful treasures!!!
lv,
Kim
By
Journey to Lilly!, at December 9, 2007 at 6:30 PM
Happy Birthday! Three is such a sweet age.
By
polkadot, at December 9, 2007 at 7:12 PM
What a cutie pie!!!! The big three and as sweet as ever. Happy Birthday!
By
Jeff and Valerie, at December 9, 2007 at 7:43 PM
Happy Birthday Caitlyn! This was such a beautiful post- I love it!
So fun to see how much she's changed (and grown). Each picture made me smile even more. :)
By
Linette, at December 9, 2007 at 9:54 PM
You are too much... Your header is adorable, and your post was touching. Happy birthday Caitlyn! May all your birthday wishes come true. I loved looking at her pictures when she first came home. She sure has grown. It's sad isn't it? They don't stay little for long.
By
Lauren and Ed, at December 10, 2007 at 5:54 AM
Awwwww! How sweet is that. What a wonderful post. Love the pictures.
By
Deb, at December 10, 2007 at 8:38 AM
She is precious. Happy third bday!!! That is so amazing. CONGRATS!!! Love her little smile. Where in Hunan is she from?
Christy :)
By
Christy, at December 10, 2007 at 12:18 PM
Happy Birthday!! She has def. grown up.
Beverly
By
RamblingMother, at December 10, 2007 at 1:32 PM
What a beautiful family you have... you are very blessed!
Patricia
By
Patricia, at December 10, 2007 at 7:36 PM
That was a beautiful post. I love the photo of her on your lap. I am assuming that is you? I loved reading more about Caitlyn. Kate is a monkey too! So sweet:)
KIm
By
3 Peanuts, at December 13, 2007 at 9:00 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home