Monday, December 10, 2007

2yr pics and thoughts on adoption

With Caitlyn's birthday I suppose adoption is on my mind even more than usual. I wanted to make a post about adoption as we celebrate our treasure

Adoption is a wonderful miracle/the gift of adoption is heaven sent... We have experienced several occasions of people saying things such as - I could never love a child that was not "my own" or telling us how special we are to have sacrificed by adopting our 3 little treasures. I have prayed about this, I have thought about this so much, because it saddens me greatly me that some people, especially people that are Christians which are supposed to be God's hands and feet on this earth and have His love abiding on the inside of them, don't see adoption as a gift... a miracle... I realize everyone is not called specifically to adopt, but I would hope everyone would see it for the precious gift that it is. Jesus himself said in Matthew: And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me and also in Luke something very similar: and said unto them, Whosoever shall receive this little child in my name receiveth me: and whosoever shall receive me receiveth him that sent me: for he that is least among you all, the same is great. All Christians are commissioned by the Lord in James: Pure, unstained religion, according to God our Father, is to take care of orphans and widows when they suffer and to remain uncorrupted by this world.
Anyway as I have thought and meditated on these scriptures, the Lord has shown me that by adopting my 3 treasures, I have received Him and a piece of His love and that every time I hug my children, every time I kiss them good night, every time I just feel this feeling in my heart about them that is so unexplainable, but the greatest joy I have ever experienced, I am receiving His love as well as theirs. That is why I am so over the moon in love with them, they are a piece of Heaven truly. It surely has not been a sacrifice to love them, but indeed an honor and a privilege to be called mommy by my precious gifts that He was gracious enough to allow me to parent. I just had to write these things, though I know most of you feel the same way.... its just been a burden on me that I needed to let go of and right now I just pray that every one's eyes are opened to the love of God.


Thank you all for listening to me ramble...


Here are a few favorite 2 yr old pics of Caitlyn again in no special order just a few I chose that I love.





















26 Comments:

  • She is just the cutest thing...I just want to squeeze her!

    I know what you mean Connie. Even people at our own church don't understand that if you are a Christian...you were adopted by God. He only had one son! We are all His adopted children.

    I am so thankful like you that God adopted me and I am so thankful that God gave me all four of our treasures also. I look at the little ones when they are talking to me, sleeping and even when they are throwing themselves in the floor and I am completely in love with them and the true gift that God has entrusted to Greg and I.

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at December 10, 2007 at 8:45 PM  

  • just, wow. That's all, wow.
    Tuck those memories in the cranium. May not be room later ;)

    By Blogger crazylady, at December 10, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

  • What a beautiful gift she is! We are often told how lucky Annslee is...but like you already know..we are defintely the lucky ones : )

    By Blogger LaLa, at December 10, 2007 at 9:48 PM  

  • What a beautiful post.....and a beautiful little girl. I could not agree more with you. We feel so incredibly blessed that God chose our family to adopt! We are over the moon in love with our Sophie too! Thanks for sharing this! It so warms my heart!

    By Blogger Deb, at December 10, 2007 at 10:00 PM  

  • So beautifully written, Connie! I thank you for putting to words what so many adoptive families feel in our hearts. WE are the ones who have been blessed. I am in awe every single day of the blessings He has given us in our adopted daughters!

    By Blogger day by day, at December 10, 2007 at 10:37 PM  

  • Connie, I love when you said "I am receiving His love as well as theirs" That is SO true! I told my children today how undeserving I am of having such sweet precious children! God is so gracious to give them to us, He is! I agree whole-heartedly. Yes ma'am and Amen!
    Love,
    Laine

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at December 10, 2007 at 10:49 PM  

  • P.S. I'm having trouble seeing the pics, I think I need to reboot

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at December 10, 2007 at 10:50 PM  

  • Connie,

    You said it perfectly. I want to tell the whole world how tremendously beautiful adoption is. I love my Jane to the depths of my soul. I can't imagine not having her, or that she is not "mine." Adopting her gave me a glimpse into God's love for us when He says we are adopted into his family. I have been overwhelmed by HIs love for me, because I know I am imperfect and yet I love Jane beyond my ability to ever express. How much greater His love for us is...incomprehensible!

    Happy birthday to your beautiful girl!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at December 11, 2007 at 1:04 AM  

  • I love all of the pics of your little beauty... she is just radient with joy... she makes my heart smile.
    Thank you for sharing this special post... It is an echoe of my heart... I get so sad and frustrated when people say things like that to me.(usually in front of my children) I just want to say, "Have you met my children? How could you even think that!" But I tell them that we are the ones who are blessed. They are my miracles from the Lord. That they couldn't be more mine if I had given birth to them....
    Oh, the grace of God that he puts up with all of us... People can certainly be trying...

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at December 11, 2007 at 8:01 AM  

  • Motherhood is such an unbelievable gift. Your children are beautiful and you lucky to have each other.

    By Blogger redmaryjanes, at December 11, 2007 at 2:45 PM  

  • I was sending you an email and it wouldn't go through and now I know why ...God needed me to go to your site today ... What amazing words and so honest and true ... My precious adopted daughters have shown me more about God's love than any other experience in my life ... I have 4 amazing treasures and with each God has prepared me for the ultimate calling on my life ...MOTHERHOOD ... I always tell people when they praise me for adopting that it is I who is blessed by this journey ...

    You are an amazing woman ... My children have been blessed today by the sweet gifts you sent (i tried to hide them for Christmas, but it didn't happen) and not because of the physical gift, but because of the gift in your heart ... Thanks just doesn't cover it ... I am proud to be a sister in Christ with you, and proud to be your cyber friend !!!!

    By Blogger Gwen Oatsvall , at December 11, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

  • Yes Yes & YES!!!! I absolutely cannot BELIEVE that God has trusted me to parent His little children! I look at my kids every day & cannot even FATHOM His love for me! My heart has been broken and shaped & re-molded during this (uncompleted) adoption process and I know, just know, that I am going to be BLESSEd like crazy cakes when our adoption is finally complete!! I cannot wait to testify even MORE about the love of God through our adoption:=)

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at December 11, 2007 at 7:02 PM  

  • Wonderful post! And the pictures are gorgous! She is so stinkin cute!

    By Blogger Holly, at December 11, 2007 at 8:11 PM  

  • Connie-what a beautiful post! I know exactly how you feel. I just can't imagine what my life would be like without Hannah and the gift of adoption. Like someone else said we are all adopted by God. We've had so many people tell us they don't think they could love a child that's not "their own." That always gets me and I tell them she IS our own.

    Thank you for sharing from your heart. Love the 2 year pics of Caitlyn!

    By Blogger Linette, at December 11, 2007 at 8:51 PM  

  • Beautiful post....you already know I feel the same way about adoption.

    They grow up so fast....enjoy each day with your Treasures! ;)

    Have you ever purchased the albums? If so were you happy with how they turned out? I'm keeping my fingers crossed1 ;)

    By Blogger Steffie B., at December 12, 2007 at 4:50 AM  

  • Well said. I am going through something right now with my Mom because she does not understand why we want to adopt another child. Love all those photos--that footprints one gets me every time. I might have to copy that (of course, I need to wait till it is warmer)

    By Blogger Michelle, at December 12, 2007 at 7:29 AM  

  • What a beautiful post. Thanks for sharing your heart with us. What a blessed family you are. People who have not adopted cannot see or understand what an awesome bond their is. Lilly is blessed for having us...yes...but we are the ones who are much more abundantly blessed by having her. I can't imagine life without her now..it has only been 4.5 months but she is our family, completely! We all love her just as though she was our blood. What a precious gift God has allowed us to be blessed by...& your family is so very precious & Amen..very blessed.

    We love your beautiful Christmas pic. & the gifts were so wonderful. Thank you for thinking of us. We hope to get together soon.

    lv,
    Kim

    By Blogger Journey to Lilly!, at December 12, 2007 at 9:32 AM  

  • What a beautiful post. You expressed what is in the heart of so many parents who have adopted.

    I love all the pictures, but my favorite is the one of Caitylyn hugging her bear. It's just so sweet.

    ~Lynn

    By Blogger Somewhere In The Sun, at December 12, 2007 at 1:36 PM  

  • Caitlyn is a living doll!!!

    Your words about adoption made me sit at my desk and just sob tears of joy. We are so blessed that God brought these sweet creatures into our lives. Your post was just beautiful!

    By Blogger missy, at December 12, 2007 at 4:43 PM  

  • Loved what you wrote. I have OFTEN thought the same things. You wonder how people don't "get it"...especially Christians.
    Well, we get it!

    Thanks for sharing your little pieces of heaven with us.
    LOVE all of those pics of lovely Caitlyn...how could someone NOT love that sweet pea?!?

    By Blogger Nikki, at December 12, 2007 at 9:38 PM  

  • Beautifully said. You can ramble about adoption any time you want. I think you have spolen what is in most of our hearts.I love the photos of Caitlyn.

    By Blogger Lisa, at December 12, 2007 at 9:40 PM  

  • Connie, we who have adopted know our children were hand picked from g-d to be our children. He always knew who their mommy was. I remind myself of this all the time. I feel so utterly fortunate to have such gorgeous little girls.

    Thank you for a beautiful post.

    By Blogger insanemommy, at December 12, 2007 at 10:09 PM  

  • What a wonderful post! She's a beauty!

    By Blogger Nicole, at December 12, 2007 at 10:11 PM  

  • Just had to stop back by and take another peek at your sweet girl! ;)

    By Blogger Steffie B., at December 13, 2007 at 2:58 PM  

  • Happy Birthday sweet Caitlyn!

    Connie-I love what you wrote and agree with you. I feel the same way:)

    Kim

    By Blogger 3 Peanuts, at December 13, 2007 at 8:57 PM  

  • Wonderfully written. I just cringe with some of the things people say.

    By Blogger Jeff and Valerie, at December 15, 2007 at 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older