Sunday, August 19, 2007

weekend wrap-up

MississippiZen and Never Too Many
were both nice enough to award me with the Nice blogger award! I thank them both; what an honor to be awarded by two dear bloggers. I am humbled to be thought of twice. I love all of my blogger pals. I want to pass the award on to my blogger friend over at The Seventh Diamond. She is the ultimate in nice. She is so thoughtful. From hosting cyber babyshowers to telling us when a fellow blogger needs a shoulder. She definitely deserves the nice matters award.
















We had a great weekend. Nothing really exciting, but just a nice peaceful weekend really. We did something we NEVER do; and took the kids to the indoor mall. They enjoyed it and went to the Disney store for a treat, as well as rode the carousel. You could tell I haven't taken Caitlyn many times. Her fun was to go up and down every escalator in the place 2 or 3 times each. Honestly, we have strip malls close by that have everything we need and never drive out to the indoor mall. We were just desperate for some indoor recreation of some sort, with the heat still raging here.

Today I had a WONDERFUL treat. I decided this year I was not really happy with the dance studio that Chloe has taken dance out the past couple of years and I have a blogger friend that I have never had the opportunity to meet in person, Laine Ferrill who lives only around 15-20 min away, recommend the studio her daughters take from. She loves it and knows the teacher well. I feel I know Laine already by reading her blog and felt if she liked it that much it would be fine for us. Chloe and I went to Open House today at the studio to register and Laine and her BEAUTIFUL family were there! It was so great to meet them. Kimmie and Quan have only been home from China a couple of weeks and I have seen SO many pictures of them and I had been looking forward to meeting them. Oh MY!! is all I can say. Seeing them made my heart leap for joy. They were SO precious. It made my heart long to adopt again. I so hope I get the opportunity to one day. Daddy to 4 treasures feels our family is quite complete.;)... I do pray though, that his heart would be turned to desire to adopt one more little girl. I would love to change my name to Mommy to 5 Treasures.:). Meeting Kimmie and Quan reminded me of the feeling I used get when I would go to the FCC functions while waiting for Caitlyn. I can't really explain it, its just this feeling that my heart isn't quite full yet I suppose. I look forward to getting together with Laine again, when I have all of my crew with me, after it cools down some and her little ones have had more time to attach to her.

The kids have done great with their first week of schoolwork. They are so positive and enthused about it. I have been tweaking the schedule to make it work for us. Caitlyn feels that Jacob and Chloe should NOT be ignoring her to work. She tries to drag them away and distract them and I found myself having to pick up every toy in the playroom that she poured out because of having no one to play with. The good thing is she is a late sleeper, and still a wonderful napper, so after trying to do some with her up this week, I am reconsidering and next week going to see if we can do 1 hour of our work before she even gets up. I think that will solve things for now.

I wanted some pics to scrap during my ME time and so I snapped these of Caitlyn over the weekend. I tried something a little different and made the background transparent. I think I like the look.








24 Comments:

  • I love her dress! Ok, I'm going to ask. (I know, it's rude) where'd you get it??? I't beautiful!

    By Blogger insanemommy, at August 19, 2007 at 8:34 PM  

  • Thank you so much for thinking about me! There is a big smile on my face. Your award means a lot to me.
    As always, your girls are so beautiful. You really should consider photographing children as a hobby/career.

    By Blogger redmaryjanes, at August 19, 2007 at 8:47 PM  

  • Dress is beautiful! Great photos. Back to school already. The summers always just fly by!

    By Blogger Jeff and Valerie, at August 19, 2007 at 9:11 PM  

  • You do such a wonderful job with your collages, i look forward to seeing them everyday lol! I LOVE that dress, i saw it at Old Navy the other day and so wanted to get it for our Chloe but my mom said she had to many dresses =( *sigh*.

    By Blogger Lindsey, at August 19, 2007 at 9:25 PM  

  • Polka dots never looked so cute!

    By Blogger Sophie's Mom, at August 19, 2007 at 9:30 PM  

  • Beautiful pictures. I love that dress. It is so pretty. Congratulations on your award. You deserved it.

    By Blogger Holly, at August 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM  

  • We have that same dress. In fact, I bought it the very day they were putting it out at Old Navy. I have learned to go ahead and buy something when I see it if I really like it. This was something I really liked.
    As always, your girls are precious!!!

    By Blogger Adele, at August 19, 2007 at 10:41 PM  

  • You definitely deserve the nice blogger award after re-doing my blog so beautifully! I loved loved loved getting to meet you today (and Chloe!) and I can't wait to meet the rest of the crew soon! Looks like we'll be doing dance recitals together! :)
    Tomorrow we begin homeschool, so I'm sure I will test out different schedules before we figure out how to do it with two toddlers! I can imagine that Kimmie and Quan will be like Caitlyn and not understand why their older siblings can't come and play! Maybe Caitlyn, Kimmie and Quan need to have a toddler school! :)
    The pictures of Caitlyn are beautiful and I love the polka dots!
    Lots of love,
    Laine

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at August 19, 2007 at 11:33 PM  

  • Just beautiful and I love the scrapbooking around the photos. I wish I could do that!

    By Blogger Yoli, at August 20, 2007 at 5:51 AM  

  • I just have to say that you post the best pictures! They are just beautiful! I wish I could figure out how to do that!

    By Blogger Steffie B., at August 20, 2007 at 6:34 AM  

  • Beautiful!!!! As always. Love the dress too.

    By Blogger sheryl, at August 20, 2007 at 9:44 AM  

  • Congratulations on your well deserved award.
    Love the pictures and how you scrapbooked them. Such talent!

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at August 20, 2007 at 12:36 PM  

  • Love the scrapping with transparent background...looks great. Caitlyn looks beautiful and precious as always. Congrats on the award, I agree you deserved it - one of the nicest people I have ever known.

    By Blogger 2China4Ayla, at August 20, 2007 at 3:07 PM  

  • I have always love your blog!! It is beautiful & you definately win the nice blogger award in my book too! We love the Ferrils too! We were blessed to travel to China with them & they have a very special place in our hearts! We too, are looking forward to meeting you & your precious family.
    Love & blessings to you,
    Kim

    By Blogger Journey to Lilly!, at August 20, 2007 at 5:14 PM  

  • Congrats on your award, well deserved.
    I love the scrapbooking on the transparent background, great idea, you creative one you!!
    Great photos, beautiful subject!

    By Blogger kerri, at August 20, 2007 at 6:41 PM  

  • I just realized you know Mississipizen... We were in the same travel group......

    By Blogger insanemommy, at August 20, 2007 at 9:09 PM  

  • Congratulations on your award. You so deserve it. I love all the photos and layouts that you designed. Her dress is precious! What a treat to get to meet the Ferrill bunch! I look forward to meeting them sometime in the future. We need to have a gathering at the zoo when it cools off some.

    By Blogger Lisa, at August 20, 2007 at 11:54 PM  

  • What a lovely post. I SO SO love that dress!! Where did you get it? OK that won't really help me beacause I live in a different country! lol

    A good dance studio that teaches confidence, doesn't pressure about body types etc is sooo important! Glad you are happy!

    SeventhDiamon is so so lovely, I just posted about her myself!

    Beautiful pictures as always!!

    By Blogger Calico Sky, at August 21, 2007 at 1:00 PM  

  • What sweet pics of a sweet girl! I absolutely agree that you are a wonderful photographer and the dress is lovely

    By Blogger LaLa, at August 21, 2007 at 2:53 PM  

  • She is a sweet girl--I tried leaving a comment earlier and had a spill:) Love the photos--that is so neat that you met at the Dance Place!! The pictures should be posted somewhere professional!!

    By Blogger Michelle, at August 21, 2007 at 7:38 PM  

  • I really like how you have done your photos with all of the embellishments...very pretty. Of course it doesn't hurt that the subject matter is adorable too! :)

    By Blogger Lauren and Ed, at August 21, 2007 at 8:23 PM  

  • I agree with you about Kim at 7th diamond. Hse is so giving and thoughtful!!!

    Great photos!

    Kim

    By Blogger 3 Peanuts, at August 21, 2007 at 10:03 PM  

  • Beautiful scrapbook pages! Love the polka-dot dress too, sweet!

    By Blogger Lori, at August 22, 2007 at 11:54 AM  

  • Congratulations on your award. It comes as no surprise you were nominated twice!

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at August 22, 2007 at 7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older