favorite photo Friday
For today I wanted to share some Autumn pics. I guess its this super 100 plus weather that has me thinking about how fun it would be to go to the pumpkin patch on a nice 65 degree sunny day. My 3 young treasures LOOVE the pumpkin patch. We have 3 in the general area and try to hit them all in the fall. Ryan has vowed to never go again. He went a couple of years ago and got stung on the eye by a yellow jacket. Now we can't drag him with us. He begs to stay home. He thinks its the most unfun and uncool way to spend a day. I did not go with Ryan on his first trip to the pumpkin patch but I remember it so well. He was in K5 and as they all got off the bus when they got back, I saw all the little boys and girls get off the bus with these huge pumpkins and then here came Ryan with a tiny itty bitty pumpkin; my first thought was... why did my baby get jipped?!? I said Ryan why is your pumpkin so little honey? He proudly said, everyone else couldn't carry theirs so I got a baby pumpkin! and was so proud. Now he rolls his eyes to that story and tells me to pulease stop! I think I will share some from Jake and Chloe's younger days as well. They are scanned in, but show their love for the pumpkin patch. Oh I have to come back and say we would go to one of them with the FCC each year and I would see all the little girls and boys from China and my heart would almost ache for Caitlyn. I was so happy to take her with us last year for her first trip. It was truly a dream come true for me.
Have a great weekend everyone!










Have a great weekend everyone!



10 Comments:
Great pics! I love Fall and can't wait for it to cool off. So glad you found my blog. Come back anytime. :)
By
Linette, at August 17, 2007 at 1:21 PM
How fun.... what wonderful pictures of favorite childhood memories... minus the pain from being stung... good thing you have pictures of the pumpkin patch days since one of your babies has sworn it off. lol
Love the pics. I am looking forward to a little cooler weather myself.
Have a great weekend
By
Jewels of My Heart, at August 17, 2007 at 3:16 PM
Great photos and memories. Makes me long for the fall days. I hope they are around the corner.
We need some relief from this heat.
By
Lisa, at August 17, 2007 at 3:30 PM
Ohhhh... it was nice to look at your beautiful fall pictures and think about the days to come. It is HOT HOT HOT here in South Mississippi!!!
AND
You have been awarded the Nice Matters award from me because you were NICE enought to leave me some sweet comments!! You can grab the award image from my blog :)
Margie
By
MississippiZen, at August 17, 2007 at 4:40 PM
I was just passing the spot where we usually visit a pumpkin patch today, and thinking it won't be long. I can't wait!!
By
Mommy Spice, at August 17, 2007 at 6:04 PM
Those pumpkin patch pics are refreshing, not to mention cute!!!
We've never been to a pumpkin patch. Isn't that awful? Around here you grow your own, and we haven't had a garden for a few years.
I do have a picture of Paige when she was 1 or so, standing inside a pumpkin my dad grew! I'll have to scan that one in October, and post it!
By
Sophie's Mom, at August 17, 2007 at 7:19 PM
Love the pictures and oh, how I wish it was fall! It is my absolute favorite season!
By
Anonymous, at August 17, 2007 at 9:00 PM
You are making me want to go apple picking:) It's no fun being stung--can't blame Ryan--love the pumpkin story--he's a smart boy:) Love the my first pumpkin and pretty much all of the photos--melting my heart--so cute!
By
Michelle, at August 17, 2007 at 11:10 PM
I love the fall pictures as well. This is my favorite time of year. I am from South Mississippi too (like Margie from Mississippi Zen) and it is unbearably hot down here. I can hardly wait until fall/winter.
These pics are great!!!
By
Adele, at August 17, 2007 at 11:14 PM
What sweet little punkins!
Laine
By
The Ferrill's, at August 18, 2007 at 7:24 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home