Friday







We are getting snow which is rare where we live and no one wants to do school... I am hoping they get cold soon and come in to read with me! We did get some math done for Jacob and Chloe and half of a phonics lesson on Headsprout for Caitlyn. Jacob and Chloe are learning their math facts really well with the help of Facts First. It is so much more fun than flash cards and the Homeschool Buyers Co-op had a good deal on it. We have been reading in our American Pioneers and Patriots this week. this book truly makes American History come alive and real for children. It is historical fiction and has stories of children and their daily lives. How they played, worked, their travels to a new country... It is not a dry book of dates and memorization. Some people prefer to stick to non fiction books but for us I like a mixture of both. This book helps get them interested and want to learn more about history. This week for copy work time, which helps us improve our handwriting and learn about sentence structure, grammar etc... ,we are using our Draw Write Now Books. We love these. It doesn't seem like work. They enjoy it. You have step by step illustrated instructions on drawing an animal and then a few sentences about that animal. Next week I will switch up and use another resource so that it doesn' t get dull. I use several different things. Some days we use bible verses, some days a paragraph out of a favorite book, The Pledge of Allegiance... all types of things.


9 Comments:
I'm glad to be back in blog world =) I love those pictures of the girls, they seem to love each other so much.
You have a beautiful family.
Mel
By
Melanie, at February 12, 2010 at 2:20 PM
Oh so beautiful....all of them! I can't believe all of the snow...Dallas got 12.5 inches yesterday! I have waited my whole life to see snow like this...if I were at your house I would be such a bad influence...I would have them outside all day!
Love you and going to check on all of the goodies you listed!
By
The Byrd's Nest, at February 12, 2010 at 3:26 PM
Lovely lovely pictures! Thanks for the links! I'm going to have to look into the math one for my kiddos.
By
Karen, at February 12, 2010 at 5:35 PM
Oh what sweetness. I love the teddy bear with the recording...that is awesome!
Happy Valentine's Day!
By
fleur de lis cottage, at February 14, 2010 at 6:46 AM
Hi Connie!
It was so nice to hear from you!
Thanks for sharing links to all of your HS material. Ella loves to learn, so I am always interested in different programs for her!
The pictures of the girls are adorable!! Girls DO have a special magic all their own, don't they?
If you decide to buy the magna-tiles....there are a few 20% off promo codes out there. I believe one of them is BBB. I am sure your kids would love them. I honestly have never seen any toy, after 4 kids, that has been played with as much as these! Even the big kids(Dads) love them!
take good care, Connie!!
love,
Michelle
By
day by day, at February 14, 2010 at 2:17 PM
Love hearing what you are doing with schoolwork. I have the DrawWriteNow books and love them, too.
By
LucisMomma, at February 18, 2010 at 11:43 AM
The last picture is mt favorite....beautiful image of sisters together! ;)
By
Steffie B., at February 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM
Your family is so beautiful, from the inside their light shines : )
today i was trying to teach X X about beauty from within....
a picture is worth many words...your withins just shine : )
xxxxxxxx
s
By
Shawnstribe, at February 24, 2010 at 4:17 PM
Thanks for the resources, will go and check them out as Amy loves to draw. Love your pics
Love Jules
xxx
By
De Lucchi Family Treasures, at March 3, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home