Friday, September 25, 2009

The end of September

I posted the butterfly garden pics a couple of weeks ago and never had time to post the rest of the zoo trip pics. We had a wonderful time that day. Very enjoyable. When Daddy goes with us its always an extra treat and makes it more fun.
We have had tons of rain the past couple of weeks, and not had an opportunity to enjoy outdoors very much. It seems September absolutely flew by.

sept2809


sept28091

sept28092

sept28093

sept28095

sept28096

sept28097

<sept28098

Last night I was watching Kirk Cameron interview an author, His book is The Family Blessing.

Here is the review Kirk wrote: Every night, as we tuck our six children into bed, we are asked, 'Can I have my blessing now?' As our babies grow up into young adults, they are continually reminded by their family blessing that they are loved by God, delighted in by their parents, and have a rich future awaiting them as followers of Christ. The tradition of a 'Family Blessing' as Rolf shares in this book, has become a priceless and vital part of our daily lives. --Kirk and Chelsea Cameron


I love speaking God's word over my Treasures and I can't wait to get this book and be motivated and inspired to do it each night before they sleep.
This is one of the scriptures he mentioned...

sept28094

sept28099

21 Comments:

  • As always, you are so inspiring. I love that verse. What wonderful words to say over our children!

    Hugs from Texas!
    Jan

    By Blogger Steve and Jan, at September 25, 2009 at 10:50 PM  

  • A fantastic day at the zoo! Great family shots!

    By Blogger Lori Lynn, at September 25, 2009 at 11:09 PM  

  • Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

    Yes, May the Lord shine upon you all the days of your lives!

    Love and blessings,
    Jill

    By Blogger Unknown, at September 26, 2009 at 5:14 AM  

  • Your pics are always so beautiful! Thank you for sharing about The Family Blessing...I need to look into this. I have gotten in the habit of rushing them to bed! and I don't want to rush through their childhood...but it seems so easy to be busy with all that needs done for a family of 12! Thank you for the encouragement!

    By Blogger Shonni, at September 26, 2009 at 12:07 PM  

  • Connie...I pray that you are OK with a post I am doing because of something your post placed in my heart...

    By Blogger Shonni, at September 26, 2009 at 3:12 PM  

  • your posts always are so moving and inspiring, showing such love and beauty.
    I went to a fall fair and the monkeys were on a merry-go-round and they waved every time they came around and saw Grandpa and Mommy, it melted our hearts!!;)

    By Blogger kerri, at September 26, 2009 at 5:02 PM  

  • Hey Connie!!

    I just love reading your posts. They are so inspirational and the beautiful pictures always make me smile!!

    I did not realize Kirk Cameron had written a book...thanks for sharing that. I am going to look for it and buy it also. I love his heart for the Lord!!!

    Connie, I wanted to ask you for prayer for Monday...it is surgery day for me. I will probably do a post tomorrow with specific prayer requests, but wanted to ask you while I was thinking of it.

    Thanks so much, Connie!! Have a beautiful Sunday!!

    love,
    Michelle

    By Blogger day by day, at September 26, 2009 at 8:01 PM  

  • I will have to look into that book....I love Kirk Cameron and the way he has raised his family.

    Of course, these are beautiful pictures of beautiful treasures....it was really hard to stay away from you for a whole week!

    Thank you Connie for your prayers...I cherish them all.

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at September 26, 2009 at 9:04 PM  

  • I am new to your blog! I love this post! It is a good reminder to cherish the evening time with our children. I have been scurrying them to bed in hopes of my quiet time.

    Love your pics! You have a beautiful family!

    Blessings,
    Jean

    By Blogger Jean, at September 26, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

  • Connie I love this post. I can't explain the warm feeling it gave me , just know it was beautiful.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    p.s. I love the quote by Krista Larson, it is beautiful.

    By Blogger Kristy, at September 27, 2009 at 8:35 AM  

  • I meant Kristi Larson....duh!!!

    Love,Kristy

    By Blogger Kristy, at September 27, 2009 at 8:36 AM  

  • I know exactly what you mean... the Tongginator, for the first time this week, read the prompter and sang along with us during hymn time. It was such a moment, just as you described.

    By Blogger a Tonggu Momma, at September 27, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

  • Love the zoo pics! Precious, as always! I hope we can get down there one more time before it gets too cold! Just added the Kirk Cameron book to my wish list....I bet it is going to be great!

    Have a blessed week!
    Monica

    By Blogger The Princess's Mommy, at September 28, 2009 at 6:24 PM  

  • Sweet pictures! Yes, I, too, love those moments where the kids are getting along - as it reminds me of of Christ's work in our lives!

    I love the excerpt from Kirk Cameron's book - love the reminder!

    Here's looking towards October!

    Sara

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at September 29, 2009 at 8:27 AM  

  • I love that verse too and I am challenged to share it with others as an encouragement more often. thanks for sharing about the book, your treasures are adorable!
    Love Jules
    xxx

    By Blogger De Lucchi Family Treasures, at September 29, 2009 at 3:50 PM  

  • You always take amazing photos! So cute!

    By Blogger Ashton, at September 29, 2009 at 8:04 PM  

  • Thanks for stopping by!! Your pictures are always just beautiful. Your treasures keep growing up. It looks like you are enjoying your time together.

    By Blogger JulieM, at September 29, 2009 at 9:57 PM  

  • treasured thoughts and treasured memories of a precious family
    loved your post
    xxx
    s

    By Blogger Shawnstribe, at September 30, 2009 at 3:51 PM  

  • Hey Connie..I have enjoyed checking out all your beautiful pictures...your family is growing up so fast and I love all the pictures. Hope your well....Love Janice

    By Blogger my3 kids, at September 30, 2009 at 11:29 PM  

  • Beautiful pictures and post.

    By Blogger Denna, at October 5, 2009 at 6:30 PM  

  • These pictures are fantastic!!!! Looks like you all had a wonderful day at the zoo : )

    By Blogger Chasing Dreams Photography, at October 8, 2009 at 9:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older