more beach fun and some school ideas












I like to post what we are doing with school around once a month to keep track of what we are doing. I want to start a blog just for school and have it designed; but I just have not had the time lately to post but around once a week so I am not sure yet.
I recently found a few really great products I thought I would share that are in our update.
Dot Paint
This is really fun and no mess! I found the best price at Live and Learn. Chloe is loving the books you can purchase that coordinate. You can also paint on blank paper though. One book has each letter of the alphabet and you dot paint each letter. This is going to be something Caitlyn does each week.
Free printable scripture cards: http://www.sundayschoolprintables.com/versecards/cute.php
Love this for verses I like for the kids to hide in their hearts. It makes it extra fun for it to be on a cute card and they save them in an envelope and keep them beside their beds. I love that I can choose the verses I think they can understand and that are relevant for issues we are working on. You can make 8 different cards on one sheet. They love them and its FREE.:)
Clarence takes a vacation is the read aloud we are reading together this week. Nothing especially educational. Just a fun light read.
We watched a Dairy Farm movie and a movie all about animal mysteries this week.
Chloe is still loving My First Little House books and Jacob is still reading his Little Critter books. He has read them all 1000 times. During the day, I have them read a chapter from their Early readers bible, and give them something like a Frog and Toad or Owl at Home chapter to read. Sometimes we all sit and read a page of a book and read for around 30 minutes that way.
I have to keep things really fresh and switch things up. Jacob gets very uninterested in school if there are never any new fun ideas. For example just when he thinks he has to do a math page and has done a page every day for several days and he is really not in the mood; I pull out the white board and give him some word problems and say today we aren't going to use our book. He then lights up and is ready to learn.
Pianimals This is a curriculum that introduces piano/keyboard at home. Chloe is really excited about learning how to play. I purchased her the first book, Book A, Book B, and the Holiday Book. It really seems to be a great way to begin learning music before seeking an outside source for lessons.
Pianimals This is a curriculum that introduces piano/keyboard at home. Chloe is really excited about learning how to play. I purchased her the first book, Book A, Book B, and the Holiday Book. It really seems to be a great way to begin learning music before seeking an outside source for lessons.
We are also learning the alphabet in sign language along with a few words for each letter. They are really enjoying this.


12 Comments:
I always taught my classes the alphabet in sign language - it's always great to introduce another language into the classroom and it helps encourage acceptance of special needs, plus it's GREAT for improving fine motor skills. I'm so glad you do this. (And the pictures, of course, are lovely... as always.)
By
a Tonggu Momma, at August 22, 2009 at 4:39 AM
Oh my goodness...you must must must publish your homeschool blog! It will be awesome! I love your ideas!
The bible verse cards are awesome and I could do that here for free!
I love all of the pictures and miss you so! I love Caitlyn's expressions....she is such a little daredevil. CHloe's expression in the ocean is similar to mine;)
By
The Byrd's Nest, at August 22, 2009 at 9:24 AM
Thanks so much for the HS ideas! I can't wait for your homeschool blog! We are strongly considering homeschooling LM and I can use all the advice and creative ideas I can get! Now, I'm off to order some of that dot paint! She will LOVE that!!!!
Thanks again,
Monica
By
The Princess's Mommy, at August 22, 2009 at 12:44 PM
AWESOME FINDS! Can't wait to get the DO-A-DOT painters for the kids!
Thanks for sharing. I'm going to post about them on the homeschool blog!
Awesome, beautiful photos of your treasures!!!!
Love you!
Jill
By
Unknown, at August 22, 2009 at 2:30 PM
Not only are the waters clear, but that has to be the CLEANEST, PUREST sand I've ever seen!!
Thanks for the scriptures link! Will definitely check it out! And bravo to you for homeschooling!! That is wonderful!!
By
Patricia, at August 22, 2009 at 9:08 PM
Beautiful pictures, Connie!!! Looks like the treasures are in their element in the water :)
I use dot paint, too, in my literacy centers. The kids LOVE it!
By
Missy, at August 23, 2009 at 9:44 PM
Oh Connie....it look like you have had a wonderful summer with the Treasures. Your pictures are fabulous.....everyone looks so happy and healthy. I hope the school year continues to go well. We start very soon here in MI.
Hugs....
S*
By
Steffie B., at August 24, 2009 at 6:06 AM
Love your photos, the kids look like they are having the best time.
I can hardly believe Summer is comming ot an end, we go back to on the 8th. :(
By
kerri, at August 24, 2009 at 8:47 AM
These beach photos are awesome! I don't know where you were but I want to go there - just beautiful!
I always love your ideas. I'll certainly be following your homeschool blog :-)
By
Kim, at August 24, 2009 at 8:53 AM
Your pics are great- looks like the kids loved it and the water was beautiful!!! Looking forward to your HS blog! Thanks for the great ideas. EK loves her dot paint too! I am going to order some of the books.
Blessings!
Shay
By
Everything Beautiful Shay, at August 24, 2009 at 6:06 PM
Love the pictures!!! They are so beautiful!!! I had a rough summer with Livi so I am a bit behind on reading blogs...I am trying to catch up!!!
We love dot paints!!!!
By
Chasing Dreams Photography, at August 26, 2009 at 8:42 AM
Such gorgeous photos...the scenery and the kids!
Happy Birthday tomorrow.
By
k1, at August 27, 2009 at 5:01 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home