Monday, March 31, 2008

more Spring pics...

We have 3 trees in our yard that bloom in the Spring. I don't even know the name, but I love them. Chloe does as well. They came into full bloom over the weekend. The saddest thing about these trees is that though they are SO beautiful, the blooms usually are gone pretty quick with in a 2 and a half week period with only a few days of full beauty.
When Chloe saw them Saturday when we came home from park play and lunch with Daddy, she said oh! we need to take some pics outside under the trees, please? After Caitlyn's nap it was a little wet from a shower and thunder was still rumbling but I wanted to go out anyway because I knew if it stormed really big, the blooms would all be gone and we would miss our chance.
I have scrapped around 20 pages and used the same kit in all of them because I want to print a book and thought it would be really pretty if they all coordinated. The kit seemed to fit the day as well.
Here are a few and I will share a few more next time. I challenged myself to make each page different, I really loved the colors of the kit. Very feminine.
Oh, also I had to challenge myself on the pics because when we were out at Target last week, Miss Busy Herself begged and pleaded to get out of the buggy and I relented and she ran straight into a clothes rack the second she got out! Blood everywhere, all over mommy, we just sat in the middle of the floor and sang Jesus Loves Me and Jesus loves the Little Children and held pressure to it and she calmed down and we went over to the bandaid aisle and got some pretty Hello Kitty Bandaids. It has healed super quick and was not as bad as I initally thought when I first saw the blood. I am very thankful it has healed so quickly and anyway I kept taking side profiles so as to not see her eye too much in the pics. Her bangs are also her handiwork, I did not really ever want Caitlyn to have bangs but she has cut her hair on top 2x times in the past 6 months and I have to camoflauge gaps the best I can. This precious Treasure keeps us all on our toes :)

IMG_4954

marxh30081

marxh30085

marxh30084

marxh30082


marxh3008


IMG_4953

40 Comments:

  • Welcome back!! It WILL happen...we will all hold the children God has planned for us :)

    I don't know what agency you are with but our agency that we used for China was CHI and they are a great agency and aren't accredited yet either...hang in there!

    By Blogger LaLa, at March 31, 2008 at 12:31 PM  

  • Oh, Connie, these are just beautiful! I love that Chloe appreciated the beauty of the spring blooms. Sorry to hear about Caitlyn's accident at Target. How sweet of you to sit on the floor with her and sing Jesus Loves Me. I'm glad she has healed quickly.
    (I don't know what happened, but it keeps kicking me out when I go to post. I hope this doesn't post more than once!)

    By Blogger Michelle R Photography, at March 31, 2008 at 12:32 PM  

  • I love that tree!!! I can see why you wanted to get the shots! They are beautiful. You really have an eye. Thanks for your sweet comment. I hope you don't overload your schedule. I'll bet when the time is right, the piano lessons will all fall into place. We tried them when they were little and it didn't work very well. We have had much more success at it now. For us the 'good' age was 11 to begin. But we are late bloomers!! haha

    By Blogger Sharon, at March 31, 2008 at 1:30 PM  

  • Oh my goodness...these pictures are just stunning! I love those trees as well...not sure of the name either! You are SO good at digi-scrapping...I'm a bit jealous! haha ;)

    By Blogger ~Amy~, at March 31, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

  • the barefoot pics are great.

    By Blogger RamblingMother, at March 31, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

  • Wonderful pictures just as always:)

    -The tree is beautiful! I understand why you wish It'd bloom often.

    -I'm sure that scrapbook must be beautiful :)

    -Poor Caitlyn, I'm sure that mommy hugs and Hello Kitty! bandaids made her feel much better;)
    Melanie

    By Blogger Melanie, at March 31, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

  • Beautiful little blossoms! And the flowers ain't bad,either...:)

    xoxo,
    A

    By Blogger Andrea, at March 31, 2008 at 3:44 PM  

  • Such beautiful pictures! You always capture such beauty. You are very talented, my friend!

    By Blogger missy, at March 31, 2008 at 4:47 PM  

  • I was just thinking... that your kids are going to have such (deserved) high self-esteem, because you photograph them so often, they must know they have an innate sense of value.

    Sweet.

    By Blogger polkadot, at March 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

  • That didn't come out as eloquently as it did in my head.

    But you get the picture.

    By Blogger polkadot, at March 31, 2008 at 5:22 PM  

  • I didn't even notice a boo boo on Caitlyn today! She looks even more beautiful in person! Those little wisps of hair around her face are my favorite! I just wanted to squeeze her today but I didn't want to scare her half to death! ;)
    Can't wait to have a play-date!
    And BEAUTIFUL scrapbooking, Connie! You did a fantastic job as usual!
    Love,
    Laine

    By Blogger The Ferrill's, at March 31, 2008 at 7:47 PM  

  • Oh Connie - come live with me and take pictures, pleeeeeeasssse???

    These are gorgeous - they belong on Hallmark cards or something!

    So sorry about your treasure's accident but I must say I got all weepy when you said how you just sat on the floor and sang Jesus loves me - reminds me when I was 4, I fell (well my brother kind of pushed me) off my bike and I slid down the driveway on my face. It was NOT pretty and my mom just kept singing "I am a Promise" to me.

    As always , a visit here brightens my day and makes me thankful for beautiful people like yourself.

    Hugs,
    Heather

    By Blogger Heather, at March 31, 2008 at 8:29 PM  

  • Beautiful pictures, as always! Your spicy litlle girl sounds like a firecracker!

    By Blogger Nicole, at March 31, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

  • So beautiful, I love the blacka nd white photo of the girls, gorgeous!!
    So sorry to hear of Caitlyn's accident in Target, happy to hear it's healing quickly. :O)

    By Blogger kerri, at March 31, 2008 at 10:08 PM  

  • The pictures are so beautiful!!! As always : ) I hope your little ones boo boo is all healed.

    By Blogger Chasing Dreams Photography, at March 31, 2008 at 10:10 PM  

  • WOW! BEAUTIFUL!

    By Blogger Sonya, at March 31, 2008 at 10:29 PM  

  • The tree is gorgeous, it looks to me like a flowering cherry or pear.
    Glad caitlyn didn't get hurt too badly, what a nice mommie to sit on the floor with her.

    By Blogger Paula, at March 31, 2008 at 11:02 PM  

  • Great pictures....I'm so sorry about your day at Target....scary, I'm sure!

    That treee is gorgeous....we have one too.....it has pink flowers. I think it is some sort of Crab Apple tree....

    By Blogger Steffie B., at April 1, 2008 at 12:41 AM  

  • I love those trees and they are so beautiful!

    Poor little Caitlyn, I can relate because Emma Jane and I fall and run into things all of the time. It was funny how you said how she begged to get out of the buggy...sounds like our trips to Target! When something like that happens the whole world around you just disappears and all that matters is making your little treasure feel better.

    Sorry she cut on her hair but she has gorgeous hair anyway....it will grow back.

    By Blogger The Byrd's Nest, at April 1, 2008 at 7:50 AM  

  • Lovely!

    Love hearing how you calmed your sweetie down after her accident.

    The more I hear about Caitlyn, the more i think she and Luci are from the same mold. Luci's cut her hair, too. :)

    By Blogger LucisMomma, at April 1, 2008 at 10:22 AM  

  • Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!! How sweet that Chloe loves these pretty blossoms and wanted to do a photo shoot. What a great idea to make a book of all these pictures. What an awesome keepsake for the girls.

    By Blogger Sheri, at April 1, 2008 at 11:34 AM  

  • This is going to be a beautiful book--love, love, love the layouts! JiaLi had a cutting bangs episode back in the fall. Love how you handled what happened in Target--that's great there were bandaids too:)

    By Blogger Michelle, at April 1, 2008 at 12:18 PM  

  • Those trees look so gorgeous... always love looking at your photos...

    By Blogger Fliss and Mike Adventures, at April 1, 2008 at 2:59 PM  

  • Gorgeous photos :)

    By Blogger Holly, at April 1, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

  • I would have never guessed that your busy little ladybug had cut her own hair! She always looks absolutely adorable:) Mama does a good job of blending!

    By Blogger Football and Fried Rice, at April 1, 2008 at 6:31 PM  

  • These pictures are absolutely some of the most beautiful pictures I have ever seen. The one of the girls walking away holding the tree branches should be entered into some kind of photo contest. I have had a pretty rough day and these pictures were a perfect example of how God puts things in our lives to brighten up our days. Thank you for posting them.

    Love and blessings, Kristy

    By Blogger Kristy, at April 1, 2008 at 7:46 PM  

  • Oh, how beautiful...... the blossoms, your treasures, and the beautiful pages.......
    So precious that Chole shares her Mama's love for Spring, and beauty..... makes the pics extra special.
    I am so glad Caitlyn is ok.

    By Blogger Jewels of My Heart, at April 1, 2008 at 8:17 PM  

  • What beautiful pictures and the flowers from your trees are very pretty..I bet they smell pretty too.

    By Blogger my3 kids, at April 1, 2008 at 8:45 PM  

  • Beautiful photos and scrapbooking too! How awesome that your darling daughter actually asked to go take pictures by the pretty trees! Isabella practically runs when she sees me coming with the camera! I guess I take a lot of pictures! lol Glad to hear she is healing fast. That kit is beautiful... do you mind saying what it's called and where you found it? Love it!!!

    By Blogger Annette, at April 1, 2008 at 9:43 PM  

  • Connie...these photos are just gorgeous and I can't wait to see the others!!

    I hope Caitlyn's boo boo heals quickly That must have been a little scary.

    By Blogger day by day, at April 1, 2008 at 11:20 PM  

  • Those pictures are BEAUTIFUL!
    I love this time of year...

    By Blogger Jennifer, at April 2, 2008 at 1:55 AM  

  • I love spring! The photos are precious.

    By Blogger Ashley Winters, at April 2, 2008 at 7:10 AM  

  • Gorgeous pictures!
    (it's funny how Caitlyn just looks so CALM and gentile in the photos...but we know better. heehee Glad she healed from her run in with the clothing rack.)

    By Blogger Nikki, at April 2, 2008 at 8:17 AM  

  • Absolutely stunning pictures!!! Connie...you always bless my heart with your sweet writings and your precious pictures of your babies!
    You are such a dear!!!
    Love,
    Denise

    By Blogger Denise C, at April 2, 2008 at 11:35 AM  

  • Wow you are great with pictures! I wish I had your talent!

    By Blogger Ladyornot.com, at April 2, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

  • these are breathtaking! so nice to stop by your blog & be 'visually refreshed'.

    also enjoyed the mental image of 'emergency hymn sing' at the store!

    By Blogger Unknown, at April 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM  

  • Don't you love spring? Great pics.

    By Blogger jennifer, at April 2, 2008 at 7:01 PM  

  • Wow, I really love the picture of the two girls with their backs to the camera. It almost looks like they are at the beach. I love their long sashes tied in bows. So sweet.

    By Blogger Lauren and Ed, at April 3, 2008 at 6:33 AM  

  • Wow! Beautiful photos as always! So sorry about the incident at Target.

    By Blogger Lisa, at April 4, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

  • Beautiful flowering tree! So sorry to hear about Caitlyn's mishap at Target. I always try to remain calm when there is blood, but boy is it hard. Glad to hear it cleared up quick.

    By Blogger Jeff and Valerie, at April 13, 2008 at 2:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Newer›  ‹Older