blankie and bear
Caitlyn adores her bear and blankie. She treats them as if they were alive and can communicate with her. A few days ago she found blankie and I heard her say, "hey bankie! You wanna go night night???" and hugged it tight. When we are leaving to go somewhere or going out to play I will say go put blankie in bed. She will run throw it in her bed and say, "see you later bankie! be right back, go seep, cose eyes!."If she has left blankie somewhere she will go through the house calling, "bankie where are you?" She also loves her passy for night night, but in the day is happy to leave it in bed. She doesn't talk to it as she does bear and blankie. When she first came home I did push the passy on her because she was having such difficulty sleeping through the night. She would call sometimes 20 times a night to make sure we were here. I wanted her to have whatever comfort items that would help her feel comforted and help her sleep through the night. I don't regret it because she is such a good little sleeper now and looks forward to nap and bedtime. It took around a year for her to go regularly with no calling out, but now she only occasionally calls for mommy or daddy to come find passy or give her a fresh cup of milk.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home